2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That role holds so much value man.

I was never the most talented player in soccer or basketball, but i always played hard, defended well, and was the enforcer for this kinda shenanigans. Even in basketball with dudes much bigger than me, I was the one to play that role. That's how I always some how made the teams.

We literally have no one to do that. Just look at Ramos here

where was this yesterday when James got mauled every time he got the ball? If Seamus or other leaders can’t do that then they need to sit on the bench and cheer from there.

There is a danger that Rodriguez might lose heart when he sees the crap he is playing with. Apart from being kicked by Newcastle I saw signs of frustration during the game at his underperforming colleagues.

They are not on his wave length so to speak. He becomes less effective if he has to go deep to get the ball which is happening too many times. If you watch our performance at Spurs opening day, it was different, passes were made quicker, the movement from everyone was better and there was a slickness there that I think caught Spurs by surprise a little.

James will have known the situation when he signed. We’re fighting out for Europe, not titles, and that’s expected.
I’m sure he and Carlo have been guaranteed we’ll be in the market in the summer and signing the same level of quality again. Another two or three Allan/James players and some more signings like our stronger squad players like Godfrey and Doucoure and we’re a real force next season.

I seriously doubt James is upset or came here thinking they would achieve greatness in 1 season.

There are 2 possible scenarios

1. James is sold on the project and came here to succeed long term.

2. James saw us as a good way to regain his value and status and then go elsewhere. Meantime play football and help his favorite coach by coming here for free

Either scenario is a win win for us because he came for free. Even in #2, he helps us compete for Europe and then turn profit

But I really hope it's #1. Either way, I don't think he is frustrated and wants out because the team sucks or anything. He was just frustrated with the last match cuz honestly, it sucks to be kicked around on a cold night in Liverpool

Ancelotti on Rodriguez​

Carlo Ancelotti has just spoken to BT Sport ahead of the game, including a reason for James Rodriguez being out of the side tonight.
He said: "We are talking about the spirit, the attitude on the pitch.
We did really well when we used the spirit and the concentration, we need to do this because it will be a difficult game.
The fact that the player, James, played three games in a row and we don't want to take a risk, he's really important for us."

Shame he’s not starting, as I think this is a game where he would have the space to unlock their defence with their gung-ho nature, but the last thing we want to do is over do him again

This is the one issue I have with James.

In games like this with high high intensity I think we stand a better chance without him.

You just can't afford to carry anyone when the opposition has legs for days.

He is a phenomenal footballer, but yeah.

My only worry is the Leeds high pressure high intensity style of football is rife in the Premier league at the moment.

We got played by Newcastle because they deployed it when they're usually slow crabs like us and it caught us off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back