2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one issue I have with James.

In games like this with high high intensity I think we stand a better chance without him.

You just can't afford to carry anyone when the opposition has legs for days.

He is a phenomenal footballer, but yeah.

My only worry is the Leeds high pressure high intensity style of football is rife in the Premier league at the moment.

We got played by Newcastle because they deployed it when they're usually slow crabs like us and it caught us off guard.

We are playing Gomes and Siggy

We need to stop with this myth that he gets carried

Defo needs to stay off the pitch tonight, we should be able to see this out without him, save him for United
yep, glad we managed to save him.

excellent performance by both Siggy & Gomes tho, gotta hand it to them. If they'd be able to play like this more than once a year we'd have top4 guaranteed.

Very smart move not to play him tonight IMO. For all his exceptional quality this wasn't his game. For the players we have, I think Carlo got it spot on tonight.

James doesn't get carried, he carries us. His quality can open up spaces not just directly leading to chances but can relieve pressure by keeping the ball.

The problem is more hes playing with players who, generally speaking, aren't at his level, or aren't performing well enough on a consistent basis (Gomes, Sig etc). He has the ability to bring us to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back