2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

I believe e could have had that game done and dusted in the first half if he was in the pitch.
Leeds were so open I was disappointed we only scored two.
Still 3 points and Carlos knows best.
I disagree, we played a high intensity pressing game, and he would have been a weak link in that. He can defend, but not at intensity.

He will be much better suited to United/Spurs.

Great management decision. He is still our best player by a mile, but it is good that his weaknesses are recognised, blind faith isn't applied and that we can without him.

I disagree, we played a high intensity pressing game, and he would have been a weak link in that. He can defend, but not at intensity.

He will be much better suited to United/Spurs.

Great management decision. He is still our best player by a mile, but it is good that his weaknesses are recognised, blind faith isn't applied and that we can without him.
Careful mate. Speaking sense about the only weak side of James game is not allowed around these parts it seems.

The key point being 'defending at intensity'.

The game was absolutely manic, which would have been expected from Leeds and rightly the decision was made to rest James as the game wouldn't have suited him.

I was actually impressed with the job Newcastle did on us, came with intensity and high pressure that we didn't expect from them given how they've played lately. Got stuck into James quick and neutralised us.

This is where Carlo earns his wage. Different tactics and players will suit different games.

In general though as a team we need to perform with more intensity and fitness levels like we did against Leeds though. Its becoming the standard for Premier League. Very hard to win games if you can't match up with it at times. Think its why anybody can beat anybody at the moment.

Careful mate. Speaking sense about the only weak side of James game is not allowed around these parts it seems.

The key point being 'defending at intensity'.

The game was absolutely manic, which would have been expected from Leeds and rightly the decision was made to rest James as the game wouldn't have suited him.

I was actually impressed with the job Newcastle did on us, came with intensity and high pressure that we didn't expect from them given how they've played lately. Got stuck into James quick and neutralised us.

This is where Carlo earns his wage. Different tactics and players will suit different games.

In general though as a team we need to perform with more intensity and fitness levels like we did against Leeds though. Its becoming the standard for Premier League. Very hard to win games if you can't match up with it at times. Think its why anybody can beat anybody at the moment.
Completely agree with your summary. Newcastle definitely got us on the hop.

A fresh James will show his quality against United hopefully, a proper match winner when we are on the back foot and need a moment of class. Leeds was always a case of 'out pressing' them and didn't suit his 'all round game'.

In Don Carlo we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back