2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my son were just having a chat and I was saying "would you bring him back for utd or not" He looked at me with disgust and said "of course you play him, he's our best player and can turn a match with one piece of skill".

He's correct of course so where do we play him tomorrow? I still think he's better coming off from the right myself as he definitely doesn't seem to come as deep as when he has a central free role.

Can Holgate be strong enough to deal with Utd attacks down the left as they will probably double up on him if Rodriguez plays?

You need your best players on the pitch and this is true of Rodriguez though I wouldn't be surprised if Ancelotti picks the same side that beat Leeds.

I hope Allan is fit but I wouldn't want him thrown straight in either if there's any doubt whatsoever he can't last the full match.

In theory we may have a bench that looks like

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Davies
Delph
Allan ( or Gomes )
Rodriguez ( or Iwobi )
Bernard
King ( or DCL)

It starts to look a lot healthier once all of our players are back along with the arrival of King ( who btw will score his 1st of 13 goals tomorrow )

Yep makes perfect sense

If I had a Jamez
I'd hammer him in the morning
I'd hammer him in the evening
All over this land!

You know, you could change the other 2 Hammers to Jamez as well. Just a thought.

If I had a Jamez
I'd play Jamez in the morning
I'd play Jamez in the evening
All over this land!

I'd play Jamez at United
I'd play Jamez at the red [Poor language removed]
I'd play Jamez at the Arsenal, the Chelsea, the City and the Villa

Ahhhh, ahhhhhh

Ooooh ooooh, ooooh ooooh
Ooooh ooooh, ooooh ooooh

Simple

;)

I think he could even play out the right if we revert back to a 433 like the start of the season. Wan-Bissaka doesn't get forward half as much as some full-backs do and that way it would allow the Duke, Allan and Gomes to boss that midfield.

I think he could even play out the right if we revert back to a 433 like the start of the season. Wan-Bissaka doesn't get forward half as much as some full-backs do and that way it would allow the Duke, Allan and Gomes to boss that midfield.
Allan not fit so I reckon they’ll play Iwobi on the right. James or Sigurdsson to start in the 10 role I imagine.

Most games we win we seem to grab a relatively early goal (or goals) before clinging on. On that basis I'd start him and try to get our noses in front. I'm struggling to remember too many times we've scored late on with the benefit of game changing subs. Alternatively, maybe we need to start doing the late goal and game changing sub thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back