2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also highly likely opportunities will be minimal against City and Liverpool. Chances are it will take a set piece or moment of magic. James is the go to man for both.

We should have enough to beat Fulham without James.

James doesn't need to be running the game to deliver a great set piece or moment of magic.

Want him playing in both mate, that's my point!

Whether from the start or from the bench.

I see the logic, but realistically we aren't going to be on the ball a lot against City or Liverpool and will probably rely on counter-attacks, which mean playing to our quicker players/down the flanks for chance creation.

Ideally, he starts against Fulham and for once we do the job of getting a team beat early and he can then be rested up. He's got plenty of time to recover inbetween Spurs (if he's fit) and Fulham - four days.

Want him playing in both mate, that's my point!

Whether from the start or from the bench.

I see the logic, but realistically we aren't going to be on the ball a lot against City or Liverpool and will probably rely on counter-attacks, which mean playing to our quicker players/down the flanks for chance creation.

Ideally, he starts against Fulham and for once we do the job of getting a team beat early and he can then be rested up. He's got plenty of time to recover inbetween Spurs (if he's fit) and Fulham - four days.
He is our best player by a long distance and if he is fit and we need the win he should play. I guess Carlo's calculus is "can we beat these without him, to afford him rest and recuperation, and make sure he is fit for the next game". Of course the Newcastles and Leeds of the world have figured out their best policy is to just kick him but I think that applies to any flair player in any team. should he need to miss a game likely Fulham would be best.

He is our best player by a long distance and if he is fit and we need the win he should play. I guess Carlo's calculus is "can we beat these without him, to afford him rest and recuperation, and make sure he is fit for the next game". Of course the Newcastles and Leeds of the world have figured out their best policy is to just kick him but I think that applies to any flair player in any team. should he need to miss a game likely Fulham would be best.
To be fair, last time we played the RS they tried that too. Remember the youtube "welcome to the Merseyside derby Hamez" videos.

What a classy player. I still have to pinch myself when I see him wearing the royal blue shirt.
I’ve just watched highlights of his best bits playing for us so far. What an absolute joy!!
I just hope in the summer we are able to get another couple of players that would compliment him.
(Dare I say it the highlights also include several ‘worldy’ passes putting it on a platter for Richy to stick it away and fails)

I can't watch games in English

Don't know how you lot do it

same. The commentators on DAZN are very very good. Show much more passion for the game in general. Know the clubs and players inside out. Sometimes amazed by the little tidbits of info they share about English footy.

....they still mention that other team too much during our games for my liking tho...

One aspect that I like better about watching football in Spanish than in English is the passion shown by the commentators when calling a goal. Here is the lastest one by Bambino Pons, from Argentina, he is known to narrate goals for the Premier League. He changes 'Hungry like the wolf', a song by Duran Duran to James lyrics lol @maccavennie you have competition, better step it up with your songs ;)

That's pretty much what I did

Imagine if Thiago had done half the stuff James had. There’d be a statue outside the premier league headquarters of him and he’d already be in the next two team of the years. Same with Maddison or Grealish, can you imagine if either of them had hit that finish the other night? You’d never hear the end of it.
Yup. On the one hand I would like him to get the recognition that he deserves, but part of me also wants it to go under the radar as much as possible so we can just plod on making our way quietly, hopefully, up the table. You're dead right though about if it was Thiago - the cringe would be unbearable. I mean, even him making a simple square pass has commentators jerking each other off in the gantry, ffs.

Imagine if Thiago had done half the stuff James had. There’d be a statue outside the premier league headquarters of him and he’d already be in the next two team of the years. Same with Maddison or Grealish, can you imagine if either of them had hit that finish the other night? You’d never hear the end of it.
With the greatest respect to James I'd honestly say Grealish has a real case as best player in the whole league this year. James is in range but he's missed a bit too much time. But as you're saying people have no appreciation of that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back