2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong James is class through and through but I wanna see him get to and maintain a consistently high level of performance. He's had something of a stop start season due to the niggling injuries etc.... but now that the injuries have cleared up I expect there is much more to come from him.

Imagine if Thiago had done half the stuff James had. There’d be a statue outside the premier league headquarters of him and he’d already be in the next two team of the years. Same with Maddison or Grealish, can you imagine if either of them had hit that finish the other night? You’d never hear the end of it.

To be fair Grealish has 10 assists this season ... Maddison has 5 and James has 3.

James is a great player but you have to be objective.

To be fair Grealish has 10 assists this season ... Maddison has 5 and James has 3.

I’ve also seen a lot of balls that James plays through that some of our players don’t anticipate because he’s on a different level. This includes seeing runs and passes others around him don’t, this little issue cannot be underestimated.
You can then see the frustration in his expression or body language when this happens.
His stats would look even better with a little more quality around him. Richarlison often sees the move but I’ve noticed he’s failed to finish too often.

Without wanting to get too kopite about things, he has racked up a lot of "pre-assists" this season. I'd wager all of Digne's assists this season have been laid on by James. Not sure how that compares to the likes of Grealish though.

I don’t think stats tell the whole story. When he plays you can see the quality and also he’s our only player that will make 80-100 yard passes on a sixpence to open up defences yet his pass completion probably (I’ve not looked) isn’t as good as someone who passes sideways and backwards 10 yards and creates bugger all!!

I’ve also seen a lot of balls that James plays through that some of our players don’t anticipate because he’s on a different level. This includes seeing runs and passes others around him don’t, this little issue cannot be underestimated.
You can then see the frustration in his expression or body language when this happens.
His stats would look even better with a little more quality around him. Richarlison often sees the move but I’ve noticed he’s failed to finish too often.

True, he thinks a second quicker than most of our other players.

Hopefully we can get some more quality in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back