2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched the highlights from Saturday.

James's goal gets better every time you see it. The touch to take an almost waist-high, absolutely pinged pass from Doucoure down and into a shooting position is just ridiculous.
Slotted it like it was a tap in from 5 yards also. The greatest players can do that. I remember Saha would score daisy cutters from 30 yards out. If you didn't know any better you'd think he got lucky. But he'd see the space and the keeper position and roll it with pin point accuracy.

The Colombians having a go at the English. Scenes.

I love the Britts. All of them. Just not a fan of their style for narrating football matches

Americans aren't any better either lol.

It's to the point that sometimes while having the channel to watch the match, I look for an illegal stream even though it will be terrible quality and 5 seconds behind lol

Slotted it like it was a tap in from 5 yards also. The greatest players can do that. I remember Saha would score daisy cutters from 30 yards out. If you didn't know any better you'd think he got lucky. But he'd see the space and the keeper position and roll it with pin point accuracy.
The accuracy and pace of the pass from Doucoure was a delight too. Coming right after scoring himself, his confidence must be sky high now.

I love the Britts. All of them. Just not a fan of their style for narrating football matches

It's to the point that sometimes while having the channel to watch the match, I look for an illegal stream even though it will be terrible quality and 5 seconds behind lol
5 seconds? That's ambitious. I'd isten to "goooòooooooooooooooooalalalalalalalallalalalalalllllllllllooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll" any day of the week if the stream was only 5 seconds behind.

5 seconds? That's ambitious. I'd isten to "goooòooooooooooooooooalalalalalalalallalalalalalllllllllllooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll" any day of the week if the stream was only 5 seconds behind.
Yeah, NBC/Peacock matches (the streaming ones) are 2+ minutes behind and we are paying for that privilege. It's ridiculous how much lag there is for a service they make you pay for.

If you love all the Brits you havent been to places I have on that godforesaken island!

It’s about cultural expectations, isn’t it? There’s a reason commentary styles vary across the world, and it’s no accident that they do.

I think it’s fair to say that most British football fans want the commentators to keep out of the way. It’s about the football, not the commentary.

I know that if I could, I’d watch every Everton match with just the stadium noise. I’m not sure how many would agree with that, but I can’t bear commentary ego. Peter Drury loves the sound of his own voice, and putting up with his dreadful pre-scripted nonsense is bad enough.

A football match tells its own story. Commentators too often try to impose narratives on the viewer.

South American commentators are an amusing novelty to me, but the self-importance of their goal celebrations would drive me mad in no time.

It’s about cultural expectations, isn’t it? There’s a reason commentary styles vary across the world, and it’s no accident that they do.

I think it’s fair to say that most British football fans want the commentators to keep out of the way. It’s about the football, not the commentary.

I know that if I could, I’d watch every Everton match with just the stadium noise. I’m not sure how many would agree with that, but I can’t bear commentary ego. Peter Drury loves the sound of his own voice, and putting up with his dreadful pre-scripted nonsense is bad enough.

A football match tells its own story. Commentators too often try to impose narratives on the viewer.

South American commentators are an amusing novelty to me, but the self-importance of their goal celebrations would drive me mad in no time.

Argentinians are the best for me. Just the right amount of passion, but not too over the top. Their knowledge of the game is unmatched as well. Really good stuff.

I used to specifically look for Russian streams because their commentary was absolutely wild and it was incredibly entertaining

If you love all the Brits you havent been to places I have on that godforesaken island!
I don’t even like half the people who live on my street.

What I mean is from all of the UK countries. English, Irish, Scottish,even from Wales.

I'm sure that there are bad people like everywhere

But I have had interactions with all of them and it has been cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back