2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siggardson played the game of his lifetonight just to touch Hames’s coat tail. Thats th reality. And it’s all good.
Iceland plays for Iceland, James plays for Columbia, James has the weight of the world on his shoulders, and he plays like he’s got to produce every game. I as a blue is privaliged to have James as a player. Not only because he plays. His commitment ,met and application is there for all to see.

I agree with Zat. Especially if he is feeling some tension in that calf muscle

He can be on the bench for those games like he was against Leeds but hopefully we won't need him.

We need positive results against City and RS, and that could be draws. Important thing is that we don't lose and lose ground. Best way to get a result is be hard to beat and then a bit of magic or set piece, which is where James comes in.

I just think the pace of the game against Fulham is more likely to suit James than the pace of the game against Liverpool at Mount Doom, mate

But ideally he plays both and I hope he will be fit to do so

We need a positive result against all of the teams. I'd argue a positive result is far more likely against Fulham than City, though, and we're more likely to play a counter-attacking style against City than we are Fulham, aren't we...

It's also highly likely opportunities will be minimal against City and Liverpool. Chances are it will take a set piece or moment of magic. James is the go to man for both.

We should have enough to beat Fulham without James.

James doesn't need to be running the game to deliver a great set piece or moment of magic.

Want him playing in both mate, that's my point!

Whether from the start or from the bench.

I see the logic, but realistically we aren't going to be on the ball a lot against City or Liverpool and will probably rely on counter-attacks, which mean playing to our quicker players/down the flanks for chance creation.

Ideally, he starts against Fulham and for once we do the job of getting a team beat early and he can then be rested up. He's got plenty of time to recover inbetween Spurs (if he's fit) and Fulham - four days.

Absolutely if he's up to it Toff. Bit worried about him coming off and the chat he had with Carlo though.

In Carlo we trust I suppose. And he probably knows him better than anybody else.

I said the same for the Newcastle game.

Have James on the bench and go with power in the team.

Fulham wont be able to handle powerful players.

If were not ahead after 60mins then put him on.

City or the RS we could have a free kick or a corner where hes the difference...or a ball drops to James (like Sigurdsson last night) and he slots.

I said the same for the Newcastle game.

Have James on the bench and go with power in the team.

Fulham wont be able to handle powerful players.

If were not ahead after 60mins then put him on.

City or the RS we could have a free kick or a corner where hes the difference...or a ball drops to James (like Sigurdsson last night) and he slots.

but then defensively we need that power in the side against City and Liverpool too, especially now with Dom out it seems.

We'll see, but I think if he's fit he plays on Sunday. But he may just make the bench and Carlo sticks with Gylfi in that no.10 role.

but then defensively we need that power in the side against City and Liverpool too, especially now with Dom out it seems.

We'll see, but I think if he's fit he plays on Sunday. But he may just make the bench and Carlo sticks with Gylfi in that no.10 role.

By City / RS games i imagine we go with 'the wall' then Davies,Allan, Doucoure with James, Richarlison Digne (depending on fitness)...in the front 3.

I like us having that kind of power defensively with also mobility and a threat up top from all sides.

Fulham id have more of a powerful and expansive side...

By City / RS games i imagine we go with 'the wall' then Davies,Allan, Doucoure with James, Richarlison Digne (depending on fitness)...in the front 3.

I like us having that kind of power defensively with also mobility and a threat up top from all sides.

Fulham id have more of a powerful and expansive side...

Just think James takes our attacking play up a level too. We'll see.

He'd be great to have coming off the bench but we need to freshen it up right too for Sunday. Yesterday will be great for morale but physically we can't expect the same team to play at that intensity. Fulham are going to be a tough team to play. We can't have any complacency.

Really is one game at a time. Can't even be thinking about City or the derby yet.

I just think the pace of the game against Fulham is more likely to suit James than the pace of the game against Liverpool at Mount Doom, mate

But ideally he plays both and I hope he will be fit to do so

We need a positive result against all of the teams. I'd argue a positive result is far more likely against Fulham than City, though, and we're more likely to play a counter-attacking style against City than we are Fulham, aren't we...
To be fair, fulham play at one of the fasted pace in the league, only behind leeds, city and liverpool, they beat liverpool at their own pressing game at the cottage.

Exactly...we beat them if we go with pure power.

I don't see it that way. James is one of our only players (along with Allan) who can easily beat a press. Gomes, Davies and DCL are others but it depends on the day. For me, if James is fit he plays. If he's not 100% then don't risk him.

Defensively, I don't see why we'd match a pressing team with a high press ourselves. We should stick to our strengths. We're too sluggy to open ourselves up. Limit space, stay compact, and let our seven centre halves boot people in to orbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back