2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham need to go for 3pts every game now. Will be interesting to see how we setup after the spurs energy drain.

Id definitely have James on the bench but we shouldnt need him for this one if we play well...

We do need him in the next two games though.
I disagree. We need him to unlock Fulham's defence. Against City he won't get space in which to work, and the rs will kick him to death, so better he plays against Fulham, and maybe as a sub in the other 2.

James playing against Fulham is more important to playing him against City.

We will have more of the ball against Fulham
I'm of the opposite opinion.

Ideally I'd like him to play in all 3 games. But I believe we have enough to beat Fulham without him starting. But against City an Livepool, we're going to set up defensively and won't see much of the ball. It will take a moment of magic or set piece for us to score. James is THE man for both.

I agree for him personally, he has more chance to shine against Fulham. But for the team it's more important e have him against the big 2.

As I said, hopefully, he'll be available for all 3. There's then a 10 day rest before we play Southampton.

I'm of the opposite opinion.

Ideally I'd like him to play in all 3 games. But I believe we have enough to beat Fulham without him starting. But against City an Livepool, we're going to set up defensively and won't see much of the ball. It will take a moment of magic or set piece for us to score. James is THE man for both.

I agree for him personally, he has more chance to shine against Fulham. But for the team it's more important e have him against the big 2.

As I said, hopefully, he'll be available for all 3. There's then a 10 day rest before we play Southampton.
I definitely see your point.

Take united game for example as much of defensive liability he may be on occasions there is no one in our team that you would want the ball to fall to at the top of the box.

Think that's why he may be pushed up in a make shift 442 when we pressing high as to negate his lack to cover the midfielder (from a defensive point of view)

We expect 3 points against Fulham and can only hope for 3 points against RS & Citeh. If fit why reduce the possibilty of 3 points against Fulham which we should get with our strongest team? It would be a risk resting our best players against Fulham and go into the other matches with possibly 1 point or no points. RS and Citeh we have no guarantee of any points even with our strongest team but we should have against Fulham so best not to think we can get away with it against a so called lesser side.

I'm not getting this preoccupation with the Spurs extra time. These are professional athletes who will have had three full days of rest with just a little light training at most. And you can rest a key player for a game seen as not as difficult as the next one only for him to pick up an injury in the first five minutes of the "important game"

James!
I need somebody
James!
Not just anybody
James!
You know I need someone
Jaaaaaaaaaaames

Now our lifes has changed in oh so many ways

Our crap sidewise togger has seemed to vanish in the haze

But every now and then we feel so Insecure

But I know James will own the cottagers and have us nocking on the red shiotes door.

(Take it away Ringo)
Babom babom babom babom

60 mins against Fulham
75-80 mins against Man City
75-80 mins against Liverpool

So 2 and a half games rather than 3 games.

We need 9 points from these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back