2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it that way. James is one of our only players (along with Allan) who can easily beat a press. Gomes, Davies and DCL are others but it depends on the day. For me, if James is fit he plays. If he's not 100% then don't risk him.

Defensively, I don't see why we'd match a pressing team with a high press ourselves. We should stick to our strengths. We're too sluggy to open ourselves up. Limit space, stay compact, and let our seven centre halves boot people in to orbit.

they play like Southampton, they always try and win the 2nd ball, we will definitely ship some goals but we will definitely score some too.

Fulham need to go for 3pts every game now. Will be interesting to see how we setup after the spurs energy drain.

Id definitely have James on the bench but we shouldnt need him for this one if we play well...

We do need him in the next two games though.

City or the RS we could have a free kick or a corner where hes the difference...or a ball drops to James (like Sigurdsson last night) and he slots.
Couple of games away yet I know but if he plays against klippety’s mob it’s an absolute certainty that he’ll send them out to try to kick James out of the game very early on - that game is going to need a strong referee me thinks!

To be fair, fulham play at one of the fasted pace in the league, only behind leeds, city and liverpool, they beat liverpool at their own pressing game at the cottage.
that's true, I mean more that it's a game we really want to be controlling.

We'll see, Dom's probably gonna be the big miss. Hopefully Richarlison steps up.

Would prefer to see him brought on around the 55 mins in games, when opposition are more fatigued and he can exploit space

James usually takes time to read the game. Not really suited for the bench role. He also doesn't come in with the energy that one would like off the bench.

And also, James is our most talented player. Why would we bench him consistently?

When fit, he will play

James Rodriguez FC is off to wemberlee

I would imagine it would be a great deal even for someone like Rodriguez who has won everything, to get to Wembley and win an FA Cup.

It was interesting listening to Lescott when he was asked if the fa cup feels devalued to players and he said not a chance, its still a massive deal.

One game away from Wembley, what an incentive that is for Rodriguez to drag this team single handedly into the semi finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back