Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 weeks today I think, the night before the euros or something like that

So it's hardly wild that he can not be fit for this game and then fit for the tournament then.

Carlo probably could have phrased it better but he is quite laid back i guess.

It was a weird statement to make, blaming fatigue. Could have quite easily have said something along the lines of 'deep tissue injury' and no one would have batted an eyelid.
Fatigue just seems a little, provocative, especially with our fanbase.
How about if he said " He has a problem with fatigue in his calf muscle"

Maybe he didnt see the need to elaborate on a recuring problem that James has had for a long time & we all knew about.

So it's hardly wild that he can not be fit for this game and then fit for the tournament then.

Carlo probably could have phrased it better but he is quite laid back i guess.
People getting angry and making up their own stories again just like all season with James. He was apparently in Colombia for xmas and then named in the team sheet out the blue!
He’s a great player who’s made of glass and we got 25 games out of this season, shame he couldn’t play any of the games in front of the fans but it is what it is.
I hope to get another 25 games from him next season with some superior players making runs in front of him!

I don't like it tbh
This is the full quote

James unfortunately is not available for the game. He didn’t recover from the problem on his calf. Unfortunately he didn’t finish well this season. Now he will be focused on the Copa America with the national team, I hope to have him fit next season. Also Coleman had a problem against Wolves, he will not be available for the game but he will support the team as a captain.

He was then asked if the Copa America was on James' mind in the last few weeks, but he said...

I think the Copa America is in his mind. James unfortunately in the last period, he was not fit, he had a little problem that did not give him the possibility to play regularly. Now of course he has to be focused for the Copa America because he wants to play for his country. All of the players will be focused on the national team, is normal. Now of course he has to be focused for the Copa America. But to say that James was focused on the Copa America before? No. James was really disappointed for the fact that he was not able to help the team in this period, really sad. What can he do? He has to be ready for when the season starts and try to avoid the same problem.

Last edited:
There is definitely no issue with his calf. Ancelotti is basically admitting as much. He's telling the cover story and then undermining it the next sentence.

Can't be kept at the club now, have to get rid and it saddens me massively that's the case.

Carlo actually went on to say that the issue is with his calf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back