2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20210312-155144.png

It's the player you get. 20-25 games averages out a season.

Nothing to sweat over.

Don’t be upset / annoyed anybody.
We should all be grateful he graces our medical room.
Know your place and don’t be expecting players to put in a whole season.

Shame, really is annoying though that when we look like we can progress we always find a way of ballsing it up somehow.
At seasons end he will have played more games for Everton than St Virgil of the slightly sore knee will have played for the scum across the park
At seasons end he will have more goals ,more assists for Everton football club than Mr idea pass will have for the scum
he helped us win the Derby at the pit
He is at Everton and we are lucky to have him and an opportunity to see him do filthy stuff at Goodison next season

Ancelotti says Rodriguez "played really well against Man United but he was not 100% fit. We decided to give him a proper recovery and don't let him play at 70 or 80%. We have taken this decision together. The player agrees. Ancelotti thinks James will be back after the international break

there he's being allowed to recover
If he gets 100% fit we should see him available for the last 8 games
He will be crucial in the run in if we want top 4/6

At seasons end he will have played more games for Everton than St Virgil of the slightly sore knee will have played for the scum across the park
At seasons end he will have more goals ,more assists for Everton football club than Mr idea pass will have for the scum
he helped us win the Derby at the pit
He is at Everton and we are lucky to have him and an opportunity to see him do filthy stuff at Goodison next season
I’m just upset, leave me be :oops:

Its a real shame we can't play our world class free transfer every game and that he isn't some injury free, juiced up monster that plays every minute of 60 games a season.

Injuries happen at the best of times. This season, with the insane schedule and limited/restricted training sessions, including a massively reduced Pre season that James took no part in, has caused countless injuries and niggles, not just within this squad, but across the league, even within some of the most dubiously healthy squads.

Certain types of players are also more predisposed to injuries. James, with a slight frame and as a particular target for physicality to try and counter his obvious superior ability, is always going to suffer with that.

Add to all of that, the adaptation to a new league, arguably the most physically demanding in Europe, and yes, its a complete shock that he hasn't been an ever present.

Anyone whinging about him missing a few games needs to write this next sentence on the back of their hand and look at it every time they want to sulk about something they/we have no control over.

We signed James Rodriguez on a free transfer and he helped us beat the RS at the pit.

You've nailed it here. If he played every game there is no way Real would have released him and no way he joins the team that just finished 12th in a league where the country is freezing cold. Just savour the moments he does produce and hope we can get players in nearly as good to cover the EXPECTED absences.

You can surely understand the frustration though, as we're not only within touching distance of something special (CL qualification) but we're also crying out for creativity at the moment. I can certainly forgive people for wishing he would drag us to those heights by virtue of his sheer talent. I remember reading that in November when the team were flying, he was 3rd in the PL assists league table with 3 in a fairly short space of time. Since then, he hasn't played as often and the team has stagnated. If you look at the assist league table now, he has added just 1 more to his tally and sits in 24th place alongside Gylfi while Kane leads the way with 13 assists.

If you look at some of his peers, Kevin de Bruyne has 11 assists, Bruno Fernandes and Grealish have 10, with Son on 9. If James had continued his early season form then we'd be a completely different proposition, but he hasn't, in large part due to fitness problems, and we're left trying to grind out wins largely through set piece goals.

I do agree, and I do understand, but I would add to this that is because we have played him when he's not been 100% that we have not had him as often.

Its catch 22. Fit enough to be available, but not 100% leads to 2 things. Increased chance of further injury, decreased chance of full effectiveness. On the other hand, giving him the time to recover fully means he is not available as often as we would like, so we miss the quality he does have in the occasions when he is unavailable.

Everton had a particular knack of forcing these issues in the 90s, partly due to necessity in times where we really struggled, partly due to a short sighted pursuit of short term gains, and it contributed massively to an insane number of players having their careers stunted, or in some cases ruined. Playing with injections and rushing people back from injury was a common occurrence, and it had mixed results at best.

I happen to think that as long as the injury is not career threatening, which could see him sidelined indefinitely, and if we can afford to give him the correct amount of time to recover fully, then I would sooner wait and reap the full benefits when he does return. I believe it will have a greater impact than him playing at 70% for 60 minutes of 50% of our remaining games.

Patience is a virtue, and unfortunately injuries and knocks do happen.

James is worth waiting for.

I do agree, and I do understand, but I would add to this that is because we have played him when he's not been 100% that we have not had him as often.

Its catch 22. Fit enough to be available, but not 100% leads to 2 things. Increased chance of further injury, decreased chance of full effectiveness. On the other hand, giving him the time to recover fully means he is not available as often as we would like, so we miss the quality he does have in the occasions when he is unavailable.

Everton had a particular knack of forcing these issues in the 90s, partly due to necessity in times where we really struggled, partly due to a short sighted pursuit of short term gains, and it contributed massively to an insane number of players having their careers stunted, or in some cases ruined. Playing with injections and rushing people back from injury was a common occurrence, and it had mixed results at best.

I happen to think that as long as the injury is not career threatening, which could see him sidelined indefinitely, and if we can afford to give him the correct amount of time to recover fully, then I would sooner wait and reap the full benefits when he does return. I believe it will have a greater impact than him playing at 70% for 60 minutes of 50% of our remaining games.

Yeah that philosophy finished Parkinson, Williamson, Ebbrell all before their times. Probably stopped Grant and Ball reaching the levels they were capable of.

A player like James will be "forgiven" a lot. He's the type of player we will wait for. Alex Iwobi, on the other hand, is somebody who just isn't worth indulging. As irritated by his absence as I am, James has earned any "attitude" he possesses. He can play the diva all he likes, because you know that it's practically impossible to replace his talent. Iwobi, meanwhile, is being indulged just by being employed at this club - one he isn't good enough for. I'd like to see a bit of ruthlessness and have him punted. I can just about stomach that he isn't good enough - not his fault Brands insisted on paying €30 million for him - but an attitude on top of that? No thanks. That kind of potential toxicity is corrosive. Get rid.

If we are to have any chance of beating City in the cup we need him in and amongst the squad. If it means him sitting this one out I'm fine with that. We can beat Burnley without him I think we need all our big guns for City. Top 4 is my priority but if we beat City the cup looks like a serious prospect and nothing is written that both can't be achieved. If he sits this next one out then plays in 10 of the remaining (hopefully) 13 games he could be the difference.
Not sure james will important against Man City.
For all his quality we will need to be at our absolutely tactically best and defensively solid throughout the whole 11. James may need on the bench even if fit

Yes, and No.
I dont think we can ever wait for James getting fit cos he hasnt really been throughout his career. Honestly, James Rodriguez as 80% fit is probably the greatest player to wear the royal blue in my 40+ years so i think we play him when Carlo and him decide he's 'fit enough'.
What we need to do right now is make surw Brands & Carlo are looking for his long term replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.