2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit silly of him to say it over twitch or whatever but who's arsed.

If he stays and stays fit he'll be a massive asset to us and that's all I care about, didn't he also say something like I hope they win?

On the flipside if you were ostracised from the rest of the team, told to train alone and that the club is actively trying to get rid of you - would you pay any attention to our upcoming games?
All of that is entirely true and pertinent, but the thing is I wouldn't be saying it on Twitch. I asked yesterday on here if it would be too much for James to stay off social media for a while, and today has simply borne out that sentiment. The relationship between the club and the player has broken down. A formerly great club in terminal decline and a formerly great player in effective semi-retirement have, simultaneously, reached the end of the road and the whole thing is a circus now.

All of that is entirely true and pertinent, but the thing is I wouldn't be saying it on Twitch. I asked yesterday on here if it would be too much for James to stay off social media for a while, and today has simply borne out that sentiment. The relationship between the club and the player has broken down. A formerly great club in terminal decline and a formerly great player in effective semi-retirement have, simultaneously, reached the end of the road and the whole thing is a circus now.

Absolutely. He’s a Wally - like the vast majority of football players. He won’t be favoured under the current regime so we need to move him on and get someone else in to replace his goals / assists.

Bit silly of him to say it over twitch or whatever but who's arsed.

If he stays and stays fit he'll be a massive asset to us and that's all I care about, didn't he also say something like I hope they win?
yes

he should have said nothing, but then people would have a go.

So, back in training on Monday. Let's hope if he doesn't move, he plays. And if he does move, then we reinvest the money wisely.

I am/was a James fanboy, but if he's really said that or it's not completely out of context, he should go asap. There is no excuse for such disrespectful behaviour.
I still don't (want to) believe he's that unprofesional.
At least I won't be gutted when he leaves.

yes

he should have said nothing, but then people would have a go.

So, back in training on Monday. Let's hope if he doesn't move, he plays. And if he does move, then we reinvest the money wisely.
Serious question. Do you think anyone will pay actual money for Rodriguez ? Can’t see it myself

Even the use of "they" rather than "we" stinks doesn't it? Get rid, he's taking the mick. You just hope some other mug club is willing to take him on, but it seems very few clubs have any money to spend at all, much less on someone as workshy as this guy.
Doesn’t know who we are playing? Seems good enough on the internet to find out.

Serious question. Do you think anyone will pay actual money for Rodriguez ? Can’t see it myself

Well we didn't pay any money. Based on quality alone, he's absolutely worth a fee, but in a depressed market probably not.

Personally, I'm furious that the club have spent so badly elsewhere that we are genuinely just looking to get his wages off the books. That's not on James. It is on Brands, Moshiri, Carlo, Silva and everyone else that has been culpable for the last 3 years, as they've made what was a bad mess already worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back