Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the lack of a transfer fee helps his bargaining.

What about the quality of a player though. Do we just pay anyone 120k a week because there is no transfer. Didnt we do that with bernard.
I know where you are coming from but doesnt it open the door for other players to want parity.

Nobody is disputing the bloke can't have a holiday.

My point is the club's strategic review/comment has been around;

'Everton want to strengthen core & improve in possession. Aim moving forward predominantly to recruit young/hungry players with potential resale value'

On no planet is that James 'I'll get back to you on that offer after my holiday' Tarkowski.

Where else is he going mate who matches James Tarkowski's ambition? lol Maybe Villa? If they pay him more...

We have to get back to signing players like Cahill, Jagielka etc etc.

Players who are excited/almost desperate to come here with a point to prove.

That's what we're meant to be doing.

Instead, we're going for a player here who is on his final pay day who has decided to backburner the offer.

We have to be pragmatic but this transfer has to be the exception now, otherwise we've learned nothing.

Moyes changed his mind on a few transfers when he felt they weren't 100% convinced and for good reason.

Sign players who are desperate to come here and prove their value.

Move away from Marco Silva calling Yerry Mina every day, begging him to come while he waits for Man Utd.

We've started it right with Patterson/Mykolenko, don't start going backwards now.
Lampard has repeatedly said we need to be fitter and more durable with injuries.

Past 4 seasons games played in the league:
Yerry Mina 79
Holgate 104
Godfrey 118
Keane 131
Tarkowski 144

Maybe he's already given us his word (hence the leaks he's ours) that he is signed and wants to enjoy a family holiday after a stressful season before getting back into it with all the club PR or interviews and photoshoots, legal stuff and pre season.

What about the quality of a player though. Do we just pay anyone 120k a week because there is no transfer. Didnt we do that with bernard.
I know where you are coming from but doesnt it open the door for other players to want parity.
No mate, I mean JJK is unlikely to get 120k a week from anybody.

But JT is a proven Premier League defender, if we want him, we would have to offer him the wage he wants, the lack of a transfer fee means hes able to get himself favourable terms. Its the gamble he makes, if he broke his leg in Burnleys last game he would have been out of contract, with a broken leg.

No mate, I mean JJK is unlikely to get 120k a week from anybody.

But JT is a proven Premier League defender, if we want him, we would have to offer him the wage he wants, the lack of a transfer fee means hes able to get himself favourable terms. Its the gamble he makes, if he broke his leg in Burnleys last game he would have been out of contract, with a broken leg.

Personally i think you pay a james tarkowski level player what the club offers. Not what he wants.
if he can get a better offer elsewhere then good luck to him. Im not talking offering him peanuts. But a sensible offer. Getting silly when relegated players are asking for that amount imo.

Lampard has repeatedly said we need to be fitter and more durable with injuries.

Past 4 seasons games played in the league:
Yerry Mina 79
Holgate 104
Godfrey 118
Keane 131
Tarkowski 144

Maybe he's already given us his word (hence the leaks he's ours) that he is signed and wants to enjoy a family holiday after a stressful season before getting back into it with all the club PR or interviews and photoshoots, legal stuff and pre season.

Nobody knows.

But would you give James Tarkowski a 5-year-deal on between £100,000 and £140,000 per week?

Most Evertonians think a top 10 finish should be our aim for next season.

If not next season, surely it's the aim for within the next 5 years?

How many teams in the top 10 does he get in?

Michael Keane was a better defender for Burnley than James Tarkowski. Burnley compliment deep/low block centre halfs really well - can they play in a more expansive team?

My concern is we fast forward 18 months and fans are again wondering why we've got a 30+ year old who isn't that good, who we again can't shift because he's on a long deal on big wages. Delph, Walcott etc etc etc.

Nobody knows.

But would you give James Tarkowski a 5-year-deal on between £100,000 and £140,000 per week?

Michael Keane was a better defender for Burnley than James Tarkowski. Burnley compliment deep/low block centre halfs really well - can they play in a more expansive team?

My concern is we fast forward 18 months and fans are again wondering why we've got a 30+ year old who isn't that good, who we again can't shift because he's on a long deal on big wages. Delph, Walcott etc etc etc.

It was really down to Dyche's style, score a goal then defend, loved 1 - 0s

I think it could be a shrewd signing. For one, it's a free. Secondly, we desperately need to strengthen our defence.
Hopefully, we can have a good summer of signings.

Look where tho mate?

Hes attractive cos he will cost 20m, spread over 3 years.

You start looking at others and your talking 40m.

The wages have a knock on effect though, any other players we want to sign at will be looking at his wages, as they are with Andre Gomes, and demanding at least around the same. Likewise if we ever want to move Tarkowski on, we won’t be able to as has been the case with no many of our deadwood over the past 5 years. We need to manage our wage bill better, it’s the reason we are in the mess we’re in.

Nobody knows.

The word is 3 year deal on 90k p/w, he's a solid and durable player. Resale doesn't really come into play when it's a free transfer.

In the ideal world he comes in, is a solid performer for 3 years. And we look to extend or release on a rolling basis from then.

I can see us shifting Mina so this makes sense as an immediate replacement who the manager will know he can depend on and has a good injury record.

Not every signing can be a young, hungry player. The point is that when we invest large sums of money like with Patterson and Mykolenko, that we meet that profile of player described in the strategic review.

For Tarkowski, think Distin, Barry etc..

The wages have a knock on effect though, any other players we want to sign at will be looking at his wages, as they are with Andre Gomes, and demanding at least around the same. Likewise if we ever want to move Tarkowski on, we won’t be able to as has been the case with no many of our deadwood over the past 5 years. We need to manage our wage bill better, it’s the reason we are in the mess we’re in.
Wages arent an issue, if you get a player with them.

The problem is spending wages on rubbish players.

Status
Not open for further replies.