Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha come off it.

He's from Manchester. He wouldn't need to even move home.

He knows what Everton are all about.

I've known we've been interested in him for 2 weeks - he'll have known longer.

Still, he needs to go on holiday to mull it all over?

The club are putting out comment about how we're moving to sign only 'hungry' players who want to be here.

Doesn't correlate to me with a player on his last pay day who needs 4+ weeks to decide whether he fancies it.

All that said, he's a bit better than what we already have, he improves us - it's pragmatic, provided the signing on fees/wage etc aren't daft.

….these contracts are complex and I dare say his lawyers will be going through the detail. He might have agreed a deal in principle.

i always remember Niasse leaving FF a couple of hours before deadline and posters panicking only for him to return and sign with moments to spare.

With how aggressive he is and with us not being the PL's or the referees best friends i see a lot of red cards coming our way

….these contracts are complex and I dare say his lawyers will be going through the detail. He might have agreed a deal in principle.

i always remember Niasse leaving FF a couple of hours before deadline and posters panicking only for him to return and sign with moments to spare.
That’s a different point entirely though. The reports aren’t that he’s agreed a deal and just needs his legal team to iron everything out, they’re that he’s going to have a couple of weeks while he decides if he wants to sign for us or not (also known as seeing if anything better comes along). I don’t blame him for that, he should look out for number 1, but I agree with GOT that it doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence about us getting a player who really wants to be here.

That’s a different point entirely though. The reports aren’t that he’s agreed a deal and just needs his legal team to iron everything out, they’re that he’s going to have a couple of weeks while he decides if he wants to sign for us or not (also known as seeing if anything better comes along). I don’t blame him for that, he should look out for number 1, but I agree with GOT that it doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence about us getting a player who really wants to be here.
I get that but modern footballers and all that.

If you look at his Burnley displays he is always totally commited and gives 100% albeit an uncompromising and certainly not sphisticated centre half.

If he signs then I'm confident that that is what we will get at Everton.

Are people basing this "very aggressive" assessment purely on his tackle on Richy?

Just had a look at his record at Burnley and he's never been sent off for them in 6 seasons.

I've seen Holgate put in some shocking tackles but I wouldn't call him aggressive.

Are people basing this "very aggressive" assessment purely on his tackle on Richy?

Just had a look at his record at Burnley and he's never been sent off for them in 6 seasons.

I've seen Holgate put in some shocking tackles but I wouldn't call him aggressive.
Hes just brain dead

I get that but modern footballers and all that.

If you look at his Burnley displays he is always totally commited and gives 100% albeit an uncompromising and certainly not sphisticated centre half.

If he signs then I'm confident that that is what we will get at Everton.
I don’t mean he won’t be committed on the pitch, I’m just echoing what GOT was saying. Saying we want young, hungry players and then signing a 29 year old who needs a few weeks to decide if he wants to come don’t really marry up to me. Like I say, I don’t blame him or think it’s a disgrace or anything, just not really what you want to see.

Or as someone rightfully put he could be another Distin.

My issue is either way there’s likely no sell on value from him same as the others so not the type of players we should be prioritising now.

Sell on value is not really an issue when you sign an out of contract player though.

If we were splashing 10+ mil on him that would be bad business. Otherwise it's an immediate steady, not injury prone PL defender who will offer us more than Mina will over 38 games.

so he`s very aggressive at Burnley and has never been sent off! ok, it`ll be interesting to see how he is treated by those beloved officials when he plays the same way at Everton. cant wait. think about it.

Don't worry that will soon change if he signs for Everton...

Status
Not open for further replies.