January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steal at 25 though, 40-50 mill in the summer if Place are relegated. I’d say 60mill in Jan. Be my priority in the summer.

Good mates with Bolaise as well.

i don't think he's anywhere near good enough for that price tag. Siggurdsson has produced plenty of consistent years of top quality stats to be that price. Zaha has had a good year and a half. He's not what we need imo. We have 3 yound wingers in lookman, vlasic and onyekuru who could all feasibly be brilliant as well as sandro who may come really good too. I just think a bit of patience is required there and instead we need a £40m striker who scores goals, goals, goals.

players like van aanholt, deeney, king etc. that keep getting spouted won't take us anywhere. You don't see the rest of the top 7 buying crap like that for their first team do you? We'd constantly be finishing 7th if we're going to keep buying the better players in the prem from the smaller teams .... and these three aren't even that.

players like van aanholt, deeney, king etc. that keep getting spouted won't take us anywhere. You don't see the rest of the top 7 buying crap like that for their first team do you? We'd constantly be finishing 7th if we're going to keep buying the better players in the prem from the smaller teams .... and these three aren't even that.

That model worked for City but has clearly not worked for us.

Left back has to be a priority. Baines has been a great player for us but he just hasn't got the legs to play premiership football anymore. Its heartbreaking watching average players being able to rinse him so easily and he was always weaker in the defensive side of his game than bombing forward anyway. Unfortunately we missed the boat with Tierney and I would have had Robertson over Chilwell who I have only seen have 1-2 decent games. Despite Mourinho playing him last night he doesn't rate Luke Shaw and I think a move to us could kick him back on. Would rather have him than Creswell or Van Arnolt. Van Arnolt can only really play as a left wing back because he is an abomination defensively and Creswell hasn't really looked like the player he was for 18 months or so. The other one I would look at is Sessegnon from Fulham but he will cost Tierney money and is still more potential than finished article and we have enough of them in this squad already. Daley Blind would be a decent cheap cover option but would rather us go for a genuine left back.

Centre half, go and get Ben Mee and get the best out of Michael Keane.

Forward - If Giroud didnt come in the summer he isn't going to fancy coming in January. As I have said before it wouldnt surprise me if we look at Vardy, which would be incredibly lazy scouting but would give us some much needed pace. Big Sam does like a target man so Benteke could well be on the cards. We won't be after Andy Carroll because big sam has already said he can't play for more than 60 mins or his body breaks. I know its been widely reported that Walsh was a big Deeney fan but just can't see us being in for him. I would still take a punt on Slimani because he offers physical presence, a decent scoring record and can hold the ball up.

Its all academic though as we are ending up with Nicky Hunt, Ivan Campo and Michael Ricketts with Ricardo Vaz Te thrown in as a freebie.

Pistone would look a world beater defending against the farmers and pub landlords up in Scotland. And I'm talking at his current age.

For Wilfred Zaha? Am I reading this correctly???

18 months ago i would have agreed, he has however really blossomed in the past 18 months mate, he is one the way to being one of the top players in this league, an absolute match winner.

i don't think he's anywhere near good enough for that price tag. Siggurdsson has produced plenty of consistent years of top quality stats to be that price. Zaha has had a good year and a half. He's not what we need imo. We have 3 yound wingers in lookman, vlasic and onyekuru who could all feasibly be brilliant as well as sandro who may come really good too. I just think a bit of patience is required there and instead we need a £40m striker who scores goals, goals, goals.

Goo point mate, i think Zaha is maturing into one of the best players in the league, i think he will only get better from here. One of the top CL clubs is going to snag him this summer - guaranteed, i think we have a bit going for him that could attract him here, guaranteed game time, a manager who knows him well and a couple of lads he will be familiar with. Yes we have good young wingers of potential the left side is very strong, not the right for me.

Goo point mate, i think Zaha is maturing into one of the best players in the league, i think he will only get better from here. One of the top CL clubs is going to snag him this summer - guaranteed, i think we have a bit going for him that could attract him here, guaranteed game time, a manager who knows him well and a couple of lads he will be familiar with. Yes we have good young wingers of potential the left side is very strong, not the right for me.

i didn't want bolasie because i felt he wasn't good enough, but i still believed he was better than zaha. If zaha could do what he does in 3/4rs of the games he does in a season, yes. But he does it in one every 6/7 which won't elevate us. I'd like to see us get shaqiri if we do need a winger, he was world class a couple of years ago and mark hughes turns so many top players to crud, no idea how he still has a job. He'd be half the price of zaha and twice the player, he's also starting to show this season a bit more of what he's about. I think a gamble on that sort of player is what we need. Look at the RS with suarez and spurs with eriksen, that one top player has seen them go from 7th placed teams to regular CL contenders. Despite the millions chucked on all their other players.

Giroud isn’t the answer, he’s just another player on the wrong side of thirty with no pace!

i thought that of llorente when he went to swansea, but he went and banged in 15 in partnership with siggy. Giroud would get us 20 goals a season from the off feeding off siggurdson's delivery imo. I would want a pacey striker as well, but that could wait until the summer.

i thought that of llorente when he went to swansea, but he went and banged in 15 in partnership with siggy. Giroud would get us 20 goals a season from the off feeding off siggurdson's delivery imo. I would want a pacey striker as well, but that could wait until the summer.
I don’t think he’s a bad player but he’s someone you might get 1 maybe 2 good seasons out of him. I don’t believe he’s worth all the fuss and chasing we’ve been doing, he’s not THAT good. We will be looking to ship him out within 18 months when he hits that 30 plus brick wall like Baines, Williams, Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back