January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah just like Van Dijk, Wanyama I could go on. Very simple really buy Tierney and have left back sorted for 10 years.

Aye, I know. But Naismith, Jelavic, Griffiths, Sinclair etc. and I could go on.

Think Tierney will end up at United within the next couple of years personally.

Reactions: JLW
18 months ago i would have agreed, he has however really blossomed in the past 18 months mate, he is one the way to being one of the top players in this league, an absolute match winner.

Zaha? I didn't know you were on crack these days, mate.

That model worked for City but has clearly not worked for us.

to start with yeah, sort of. That's what got them up to 7th sort of place anyway. It was the signings of players like dzeko , silva and yaya toure from much better teams than them which really started their CL assault and then they moved on to the silvas and agueros etc. We're already where they were when they were signing roque santa cruzes and bellamy's so don't need to do that imo.

Obviously it's nowhere near as easy for us and it won't be possible to do it as quickly as them. It just feels like we're going through a bit of stagnation if we don't get players in who are a level above those we got in the summer. I was very pleased with our summer business bar not signing giroud. Think the whole outlook would have been different if we got him. Now is our time to get 3 top quality £35m+ players in looking at CL teams and the ilk for players who can't quite get in their teams.

I don’t think he’s a bad player but he’s someone you might get 1 maybe 2 good seasons out of him. I don’t believe he’s worth all the fuss and chasing we’ve been doing, he’s not THAT good. We will be looking to ship him out within 18 months when he hits that 30 plus brick wall like Baines, Williams, Jags

think he'd do as a transition to where we are to competing for CL regularly. The good thing with target men is that they don't really lose their legs, so he could always be our go to striker from the bench after those two years.

Reactions: JLW

i didn't want bolasie because i felt he wasn't good enough, but i still believed he was better than zaha. If zaha could do what he does in 3/4rs of the games he does in a season, yes. But he does it in one every 6/7 which won't elevate us. I'd like to see us get shaqiri if we do need a winger, he was world class a couple of years ago and mark hughes turns so many top players to crud, no idea how he still has a job. He'd be half the price of zaha and twice the player, he's also starting to show this season a bit more of what he's about. I think a gamble on that sort of player is what we need. Look at the RS with suarez and spurs with eriksen, that one top player has seen them go from 7th placed teams to regular CL contenders. Despite the millions chucked on all their other players.

I like Saqhiri mate and he is playing very well this season. For me he is to close to what we already have Siggy and Rooney, i think we need pace and that type of threat. I think Zaha is better then Bolaise myself.

Im really surprised people havent seen how much he has kicked on in the last 18 months, he is turnng into one of the top players in the league.

lollollollollollollollollollol

I was thinking more of down at the docks, early hours, as an Eastern European / African ( take your pick ) boat pulls in.

Some fella looking like a Bond villain gets off, little Sammy is sent to get the brief case, whilst his master sits in the back of the limo, watching behind tinted glass.
Reminds me of the 5 African players that signed for Athletico Madrid for a few million.
The money was paid and the contracts were signed.
Wages paid every month.
Only problem was the players never turned up , nobody in Africa in the authorities had ever heard of them and they never ever surfaced again
That club ( as a lot in Spain are ) are rotten to the core financially

I like Saqhiri mate and he is playing very well this season. For me he is to close to what we already have Siggy and Rooney, i think we need pace and that type of threat. I think Zaha is better then Bolaise myself.

Im really surprised people havent seen how much he has kicked on in the last 18 months, he is turnng into one of the top players in the league.
Saqhiri is rapid isn't he? i remember he use to be really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back