January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away for awhile and have not been able to check the boards. What is the news my friends? Everton is a top 10 team now so we should be bringing in more people right? Had he not signed a new deal Messi was a shoe in to put on the Toffee Blue for Big Sam... in reality though can we please get someone more than Troy Deeney or Giroud

Who says the rs are in for him mate? the same rags that are saying we are, prediction neither team is actually in for him, us because we couldn't pay him what he would want, the rs because he doesn't actually fit Klopps idea of a centre forward - which is why Klopp played him as a winger

he played him as a winger his 1st season cos we had a certain Robert Lewandowski at the club who played as the main striker. He played him mostly as a striker the 2nd season at the club, when Lewa had left, and he scored 25+ goals.

Although I do agree, that I can't see him going to join Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool. As good as Auba is, the majority of his goals come from close in, he's not the sort of forward who creates and floats and interlinks, he's a pure goalscorer - which is great of course, but maybe not suited to what a lot of teams want.

he played him as a winger his 1st season cos we had a certain Robert Lewandowski at the club who played as the main striker. He played him mostly as a striker the 2nd season at the club, when Lewa had left, and he scored 25+ goals.

Although I do agree, that I can't see him going to join Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool. As good as Auba is, the majority of his goals come from close in, he's not the sort of forward who creates and floats and interlinks, he's a pure goalscorer - which is great of course, but maybe not suited to what a lot of teams want.

From what i gather he wasn't one of the players who hung on everything Klopp said or did, the media here kind of just assumes 'oh he worked for Klopp before, he will automatically want to again as all players love Klopp' which is a lazy way of reporting on things really.

Klopp also 100% massively rates Firminho in the 'false 9' role as well, so Auba would not be coming in as a starter but as a squad rotation player - which would seem a really strange move from him, same as he'd be at Chelsea as well - the papers go on about Conte once liking to play two up front, but well he hasn't and no sign he wants top do that in this league etc.

He'd be a great fit for us - obviously as he is a top goalscorer and we actually have a decent bit of creativity with Glyffi and Rooney especially being pretty much the ideal types to play those balls through to him to use his pace.

Will it happen - we can probably afford him, Dortmund would probably sell him, other teams interest seems way more media generated than a reality - hence no one coming in seriously for him last year when Dortmund made it clear he could go for the right offer at the right time. and we could probably give him a pretty decent wage hike than what he earns at Dortmund.

Will it happen in reality - nope, just don't see it myself, I don't see him going personally to a better club than Dortmund though, otherwise think he'd have already gone last summer, i do think he will go some-place like AC or Inter Milan though

From what i gather he wasn't one of the players who hung on everything Klopp said or did, the media here kind of just assumes 'oh he worked for Klopp before, he will automatically want to again as all players love Klopp' which is a lazy way of reporting on things really.

Klopp also 100% massively rates Firminho in the 'false 9' role as well, so Auba would not be coming in as a starter but as a squad rotation player - which would seem a really strange move from him, same as he'd be at Chelsea as well - the papers go on about Conte once liking to play two up front, but well he hasn't and no sign he wants top do that in this league etc.

He'd be a great fit for us - obviously as he is a top goalscorer and we actually have a decent bit of creativity with Glyffi and Rooney especially being pretty much the ideal types to play those balls through to him to use his pace.

Will it happen - we can probably afford him, Dortmund would probably sell him, other teams interest seems way more media generated than a reality - hence no one coming in seriously for him last year when Dortmund made it clear he could go for the right offer at the right time. and we could probably give him a pretty decent wage hike than what he earns at Dortmund.

Will it happen in reality - nope, just don't see it myself, I don't see him going personally to a better club than Dortmund though, otherwise think he'd have already gone last summer, i do think he will go some-place like AC or Inter Milan though

Yeah it'd make no sense him going to Liverpool. As you say he wouldn't be automatic starter, Firmino is basically the perfect type of Jürgen Klopp player, he provides so much to that team, yes he may not score 25 goals in a season, but he is perfect for them. Auba would be a nice different option, but Liverpool are not Manchester City or PSG or Manchester United, they can't afford the sort of fees and massive wages for luxury players who don't start most games. And Auba won't be going to a club where is isn't one of the main men, or where he isn't one of the top earner.

Also, Auba is a free spirit, and a bit of a trouble maker, maybe that puts off some teams too! I honestly don't know where he will end up. I fully expect him to be at a different club to Dortmund next season. This will be his one big chance at a huge pay-day.

I've been away for awhile and have not been able to check the boards. What is the news my friends? Everton is a top 10 team now so we should be bringing in more people right? Had he not signed a new deal Messi was a shoe in to put on the Toffee Blue for Big Sam... in reality though can we please get someone more than Troy Deeney or Giroud
There is literally no news.

Yeah it'd make no sense him going to Liverpool. As you say he wouldn't be automatic starter, Firmino is basically the perfect type of Jürgen Klopp player, he provides so much to that team, yes he may not score 25 goals in a season, but he is perfect for them. Auba would be a nice different option, but Liverpool are not Manchester City or PSG or Manchester United, they can't afford the sort of fees and massive wages for luxury players who don't start most games. And Auba won't be going to a club where is isn't one of the main men, or where he isn't one of the top earner.

Also, Auba is a free spirit, and a bit of a trouble maker, maybe that puts off some teams too! I honestly don't know where he will end up. I fully expect him to be at a different club to Dortmund next season. This will be his one big chance at a huge pay-day.

....I had a little look at him before and although he’s a goalscorer his frame is more Vardy than Lukaku. I wonder with a couple of key Leicester coaches on our staff whether we will adopt a similar team model, which the likes of Auba and even Walcott might fit.

....I had a little look at him before and although he’s a goalscorer his frame is more Vardy than Lukaku. I wonder with a couple of key Leicester coaches on our staff whether we will adopt a similar team model, which the likes of Auba and even Walcott might fit.

definitely. I don't see a lot of Leicester, but whenever I do see them one of Vardy's great stength is his pace, and the same for Auba. Although I think maybe Vardy is likely to score more individually brilliant goals than Auba. Auba is the most effective with good service. I know that goes for most strikers, but maybe for him more, he dosen't really create for himself so much, as gets in good positions and scores a ton of goals from them - and misses a ton too!

definitely. I don't see a lot of Leicester, but whenever I do see them one of Vardy's great stength is his pace, and the same for Auba. Although I think maybe Vardy is likely to score more individually brilliant goals than Auba. Auba is the most effective with good service. I know that goes for most strikers, but maybe for him more, he dosen't really create for himself so much, as gets in good positions and scores a ton of goals from them - and misses a ton too!

..yes, my conclusion too that Aubu is a finisher of chances whereas Vardy can perhaps make things happen.

Deeney is going to Leicester apparently in a swap deal with slimani
Yeah, that's not happening. Slimani is worth 3 times what Deeney is.

That being said, I would take Slimani in a heartbeat. Is he worth quite what LCFC paid for him? Eh, not sure, but he's tireless, good in the air, holds the ball up well, and is competitive as hell. Big game type player. He's a bit inconsistent, he doesn't quite have the class that a Giroud has, but he's a complete son of a gun to play against, that's for sure.

No he wasn't.

So did Lacina Traore. Jelavic was good for 6 months, anonymous for 18, therefore a bad signing.
Lacina played one game?

Jelavic scored 21 goals for us and was largely sound. He got into good positions but for whatever reason lost his goalscoring touch, seemed toto happen to all strikers under Moyes

Yous need a Benteke or Deeney up front and some others like a Redmond who is an elite potential player or snap up Walcott if he does leave the Arsenal.
If there's no mush in the post, it's like it didn't happen.

And wees don't need Troy Deeney anywhere. Nor do we need Walcott.

Bolaisse, Henry, Vlasic, Lookman, Sandro, Lennon, Mirallas, plenty of wide players for now.

Benteke would be lovely. But we are giving up goals all over the place. Need defenders.

Lacina played one game?

Jelavic scored 21 goals for us and was largely sound. He got into good positions but for whatever reason lost his goalscoring touch, seemed toto happen to all strikers under Moyes

Lacina was also a nuts buy. He's tall, but he isn't even good in the air, nor does he like to play with his back to the goal. Never understood why people thought he was going to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back