January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's no mush in the post, it's like it didn't happen.

And wees don't need Troy Deeney anywhere. Nor do we need Walcott.

Bolaisse, Henry, Vlasic, Lookman, Sandro, Lennon, Mirallas, plenty of wide players for now.

Benteke would be lovely. But we are giving up goals all over the place. Need defenders.
You have all them players mush but Deeney and Walcott are better. Which is kind of the idea of a successful transfer window....

You have all them players mush but Deeney and Walcott are better. Which is kind of the idea of a successful transfer window....
They are marginally better maybe.

And is a 29 year old Deeney better than Sandro, DCL, Niasse? Not so sure. Even Rooney. He's not even a target guy. Strong, sure.

Walcott is also 28 and would you rather play him than Lookman, Bolaisse, Henry, or Vlasic? Maybe, but he'd be like 30M.

We aren't dropping 100M this window. We need CBs and a LB more urgently.

They are marginally better maybe.

And is a 29 year old Deeney better than Sandro, DCL, Niasse? Not so sure. Even Rooney. He's not even a target guy. Strong, sure.

Walcott is also 28 and would you rather play him than Lookman, Bolaisse, Henry, or Vlasic? Maybe, but he'd be like 30M.

We aren't dropping 100M this window. We need CBs and a LB more urgently.
Yes mush Deeney and Walcott are a better option than all them right now. In my humble opinion.

Basically all we need is a good CB who is a guaranteed starter , a LB , and a proven striker
If Seamus , Bolassie and Barkley come back and Barkley stays that’s 6 first teamers straight away
Add Pickford Keane Gana Siggy Rooney and that’s a starting 11 capable of getting 7th
Let’s be honest here , chances are early jan we are out of the cup so only maybe 18 league games to concentrate on so a Big squad won’t be needed.
FSA knows he’s more than likely gone in June ( only CL will save him )so he hasn’t got a big budget to spend.
Apart from those 3 only player sales will give Sam money to spend and there’s not a lot worth selling outside the first 17/18 players.

Yes mush Deeney and Walcott are a better option than all them right now. In my humble opinion.
Don't get me wrong, I like Walcott, but he's going to cost 30M, he'll have no value at the end of his deal, and he's not THAT much better than Lookman, Bolaisse, or Henry. Lookman and Henry have serious upside and are only getting better. Just don't think it's a wise buy.

Deeney stinks, man. If we are getting a CF at age 29, he's gotta be a lot better than Troy. I'd rather play DCL or Niasse.

Basically all we need is a good CB who is a guaranteed starter , a LB , and a proven striker
If Seamus , Bolassie and Barkley come back and Barkley stays that’s 6 first teamers straight away
Add Pickford Keane Gana Siggy Rooney and that’s a starting 11 capable of getting 7th
Let’s be honest here , chances are early jan we are out of the cup so only maybe 18 league games to concentrate on so a Big squad won’t be needed.
FSA knows he’s more than likely gone in June ( only CL will save him )so he hasn’t got a big budget to spend.
Apart from those 3 only player sales will give Sam money to spend and there’s not a lot worth selling outside the first 17/18 players.

Mirallas, Besic, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Jagielka, Martina, Klassen, Sandro

Any if those could easily be moved on in January if the manager doesn't think they offer what he wants or needs mate.

Fair enough Jagielka and Martina wouldn't fetch anything.

Mirallas would in the current market still bring in around 10m, Besic not much Say 5-6m, Schneiderlin would get us 15-20m easily, McCarthy 10-15m , Klassen would lose on what we paid but would still go for 15+, sandro would go for bare minimum 8-10m

We have the ability to raise a decent amount should we wish or need too.

Jonny Evans anyone? BBC gossip crap.

Overrated in my view and hugely overpriced.
HTTP3N0cmVhbTEuZ2lmc291cC5jb20vdmlldzEvMjEyODMwOS9ub29vby13aWxsbC1vLmdpZgloglog.gif

After he went back to Monaco I checked results every now and then, there was one game where he scored 4 in the first half... then got sent off hahahha
I had to look that one up. It was in the French Cup against a 7th tier team apparently.

He's never really caught on in a top flight league - Ligue 1, EPL, La Liga, none of them. He's ripped it up in Russian, though!

Mirallas, Besic, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Jagielka, Martina, Klassen, Sandro

Any if those could easily be moved on in January if the manager doesn't think they offer what he wants or needs mate.

Fair enough Jagielka and Martina wouldn't fetch anything.

Mirallas would in the current market still bring in around 10m, Besic not much Say 5-6m, Schneiderlin would get us 15-20m easily, McCarthy 10-15m , Klassen would lose on what we paid but would still go for 15+, sandro would go for bare minimum 8-10m

We have the ability to raise a decent amount should we wish or need too.
Not sure Morgan gets us that number. If his wage demands stay high, it might be tougher to move him.

But if you can in essence trade him and McCarthy for N'Zonzi, you do it in a heartbeat. Just a MUCH better fit for this club.

Sandro goes for more than that I bet. If he doesn't, keep him. He can score. You playing him off a target guy, he'll bang them in. He can really finish. If Siggy sits down, he can handle free kicks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back