January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe... but is it a significant enough upgrade to warrant the big fee Arsenal will want for Walcott? He's under contract until June 2019 and he's hardly prolific.
Compared to mirallas he’s a goal machine, got 19 last year. Probably more than mirallas has scored in 3 or 4 years.

I’ve never been a great fan of Walcott, overrated by the cockney media, but his pace and goal threat is a massive upgrade on what we have at the moment.

Reckon we'll even sign anyone? What's Sam said about it?

Only thing I've seen is him saying that he wants the injured lot back to evaluate the squad before the window, so I guess he's planning on doing some business.

It’ll be interesting to see if FSA will allow Walsh to have any say in transfers or will he just buy who he wants to buy.
Will the board back him financially to the level he requires , they failed to give Koeman the 2 extra players he needed

Sam will sign defenders, a new CB and LB is a must. Along with a striker!

If we go out of the FA Cup in the first week of Jan it might be hard to convince someone to join unless we are in a position to push for Europe.

Basically all we need is a good CB who is a guaranteed starter , a LB , and a proven striker
If Seamus , Bolassie and Barkley come back and Barkley stays that’s 6 first teamers straight away
Add Pickford Keane Gana Siggy Rooney and that’s a starting 11 capable of getting 7th
Let’s be honest here , chances are early jan we are out of the cup so only maybe 18 league games to concentrate on so a Big squad won’t be needed.
FSA knows he’s more than likely gone in June ( only CL will save him )so he hasn’t got a big budget to spend.
Apart from those 3 only player sales will give Sam money to spend and there’s not a lot worth selling outside the first 17/18 players.
In this market that's £70m quid, not sure Moshiri will be spending that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back