January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to mirallas he’s a goal machine, got 19 last year. Probably more than mirallas has scored in 3 or 4 years.

I’ve never been a great fan of Walcott, overrated by the cockney media, but his pace and goal threat is a massive upgrade on what we have at the moment.
Walcott has scored twice in the prem in 2017, and made two assists.

Mirallas has scored twice in the prem in 2017, and made five assists.

Considering the superior talent Walcott has supporting him, I'd expect better from the Gooner. And whilst I agree he is an upgrade on Kev AND that Kev's time here is up, I'm afraid that unless Walcott is available for under £15m I wouldn't bother... because he's not THAT much of an upgrade. He's not the type of no.9 we need, and he's only marginally better than Mirallas / Lennon / Bolasie out wide. Plus we have Lookman and Onyekeru (sp?) coming through, for whom we've ALREADY paid about £20m combined.

Walcott has made a career of failing to live up to the hype and being generally underwhelming. Quite why anyone would want to pay £20m+ to bring that type of player to Goodison, when we are trying to sell several players of that type already, is beyond me. Besides which, we are now on our THIRD manager since September - perhaps we need to let the improvements arising from managerial change take effect before we start going all FIFA career mode in the transfer window.

Pure conjecture. I'm sure Deeney is revered in the lower divisions, and would be welcomed with open arms by the likes of you... but he's got no future in the prem.

By all means you re welcome to your opinion... but there is a reason very few other teams are interested in either of those players.
Oh check out his lower league dig fellas! Mush have you been watching Everton with your eyes closed this season you daft wetwipe? Add Deeney to your front line and you have a better outlet and would score more goals. Add Walcott to your attack line and you have pace and score more goals.

No arguing with science son.

Considering the superior talent Walcott has supporting him, I'd expect better from the Gooner. And whilst I agree he is an upgrade on Kev AND that Kev's time here is up, I'm afraid that unless Walcott is available for under £15m I wouldn't bother... because he's not THAT much of an upgrade. He's not the type of no.9 we need, and he's only marginally better than Mirallas / Lennon / Bolasie out wide. Plus we have Lookman and Onyekeru (sp?) coming through, for whom we've ALREADY paid about £20m combined.

Walcott has made a career of failing to live up to the hype and being generally underwhelming. Quite why anyone would want to pay £20m+ to bring that type of player to Goodison, when we are trying to sell several players of that type already, is beyond me. Besides which, we are now on our THIRD manager since September - perhaps we need to let the improvements arising from managerial change take effect before we start going all FIFA career mode in the transfer window.
Putting up stats to suit your agenda
Go back the last 4 years and see how there stats match up.
Like I said I don’t think Walcott is a world beater. But he’s much bigger than marginal Upgrade on Mirallas or Lennon. Mirallas has been a disgrace to the shirt for 3yrs.

And if there was an option when we signed bolasie, to sign Walcott instead I would have took Walcott All day. Bolasie is bang average and his prem stats for goals and assists are shocking.

We need more pace and goals in the team, and this guy will offer a lot more than the 3 players mentioned. What are the other options? Doubt we could attract some 50mil world class wide player at the moment. So you take a gamble from a weaker league
Ie Klassen. Or you gamble on a youngster, but what’s the point in that when we already have vlasic & lookman.

They would win you more points than you can win now mush.
So could a lot of players. If those two, and really Walcott because Deeney isn't an upgrade, get us 2 more points, is that worth the 40-50 it would cost to get them?

LCFC spent like 700K a point when they won.

CB, LB, CF. Wide player with pace would be lovely, but not at the expense of those positions.

Putting up stats to suit your agenda
Go back the last 4 years and see how there stats match up.
Like I said I don’t think Walcott is a world beater. But he’s much bigger than marginal Upgrade on Mirallas or Lennon. Mirallas has been a disgrace to the shirt for 3yrs.

And if there was an option when we signed bolasie, to sign Walcott instead I would have took Walcott All day. Bolasie is bang average and his prem stats for goals and assists are shocking.

We need more pace and goals in the team, and this guy will offer a lot more than the 3 players mentioned. What are the other options? Doubt we could attract some 50mil world class wide player at the moment. So you take a gamble from a weaker league
Ie Klassen. Or you gamble on a youngster, but what’s the point in that when we already have vlasic & lookman.
Or you buy a CB, LB, and CF instead and get Henry in January 1st.

So could a lot of players. If those two, and really Walcott because Deeney isn't an upgrade, get us 2 more points, is that worth the 40-50 it would cost to get them?

LCFC spent like 700K a point when they won.

CB, LB, CF. Wide player with pace would be lovely, but not at the expense of those positions.
Mush you got dipped by an Arsenal reserve already in Giroud. If you can manage to tempt Walcott then its progress. I would love to sign Ronaldo but he isn’t going anywhere he ain’t even heard of!

Think Walcott would be a poor fit for us you need guts, determination and a bit of a spine to play for us, i dont think many of the Arsenal team have that and i include him in it. He really could have been one of the best in the league never fulfilled his talent in my eyes.

Last edited:

I'm not fussed on Walcott, but the biggest mistake he's made his staying there for so long as a bit part player. He should have gone to another club as the main man and seen what happened and whether he could have lived up to the hype. Similiar to what Neymar done and stepped out of the shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back