January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing the internet this morning and saw an article linking us to Aubameyang, I got excited for a second until I saw the vile toilet paper alternative to that of the S*n linking it.

Putting up stats to suit your agenda
Go back the last 4 years and see how there stats match up.
Like I said I don’t think Walcott is a world beater. But he’s much bigger than marginal Upgrade on Mirallas or Lennon. Mirallas has been a disgrace to the shirt for 3yrs.

And if there was an option when we signed bolasie, to sign Walcott instead I would have took Walcott All day. Bolasie is bang average and his prem stats for goals and assists are shocking.

We need more pace and goals in the team, and this guy will offer a lot more than the 3 players mentioned. What are the other options? Doubt we could attract some 50mil world class wide player at the moment. So you take a gamble from a weaker league
Ie Klassen. Or you gamble on a youngster, but what’s the point in that when we already have vlasic & lookman.

I see where you're coming from. Over a three or four (or five) year period, in all competitions, Walcott's return looks pretty good - definitely better than Mirallas. But looking at his most recent calendar year in the competition where he would feature most for us, he's not exactly in a patch of great form. And a player's more recent performances matter a lot more than the ones from four or five years ago, otherwise Pienaar and Distin would still be lining up for us.

Mirallas being a disgrace to the shirt may well be true, but doesn't somehow make Walcott a better player; he is, as I've illustrated, a modest upgrade on Mirallas, Bolasie and Lennon - "modest" can be interchanged with whatever term you feel more comfortable with, but the point is that he will not provide value for money. The playing time would be better used by Lookman, whom we have already bought and currently pay.

So could a lot of players. If those two, and really Walcott because Deeney isn't an upgrade, get us 2 more points, is that worth the 40-50 it would cost to get them?

LCFC spent like 700K a point when they won.

CB, LB, CF. Wide player with pace would be lovely, but not at the expense of those positions.
0*OGAQ-lBb1xKOTvOA.jpg

Oh check out his lower league dig fellas! Mush have you been watching Everton with your eyes closed this season you daft wetwipe? Add Deeney to your front line and you have a better outlet and would score more goals. Add Walcott to your attack line and you have pace and score more goals.

No arguing with science son.
I'm arguing with your tactics, and their applicability in a division widely considered to be of a higher standard than the one your lot appear in.

Big grock up front + sprinter out wide works in many, many leagues. Not, however, in the prem.

Deeney and Walcott have scored very, very few this year. There's no arguing with maths pal.

PS Do you actually say "mush" in day to day conversation, in real life?

I'm arguing with your tactics, and their applicability in a division widely considered to be of a higher standard than the one your lot appear in.

Big grock up front + sprinter out wide works in many, many leagues. Not, however, in the prem.

Deeney and Walcott have scored very, very few this year. There's no arguing with maths pal.

PS Do you actually say "mush" in day to day conversation, in real life?
It's just fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back