January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right, thought he was playing for a move or something... not sure if he would fit in your team anyway with all the 10's?

An often thought myth mate, we actually dont have that many 10s, for me Rooney WAS a 9, but these days hes more of a 6, Klassen is an 8, Iceland is 10 for sure, but regardless, none of them are a patch on Barkley.

I felt sick listening to talksport 2 on the way home from work

Hearing how were in for Van Aanholt and Khazri who he managed at Sunderland

These absolute bells who had stinking attitudes without the skill to justify it! More poor mans Mirallas’
It's talksport mate, 'kin talksport. They have been known to chat absolute crap...from time to time.

I felt sick listening to talksport 2 on the way home from work

Hearing how were in for Van Aanholt and Khazri who he managed at Sunderland

These absolute bells who had stinking attitudes without the skill to justify it! More poor mans Mirallas’
Most of these radio stations are reading the same garbage on twitter that we are. Isn’t Khazri a winger? Why would we buy a winger in Jan? Even if Mirallas goes I can’t see it

We could lose Mirallas, McCarthy, Sandro and Klaassen would be sold without anybody realising they're gone. Add Besic to that too, and Jagielka. And Stekelenberg. That'd free up 40-odd million to get two/three decent players in.

i'd be gutted if we only got £40m for those players. Top teams would be asking for £15m, if not more for each of them. Players like sam clucas went for £13m!!!

If you are after defenders, I can see Sam going for Tomkins. He has a track record of signing former players who he trusts (absolutely nothing wrong with that) and he really likes Tomkins. As a player, he improved significantly under Sam and then he moved to Palace with him - I wish he were back with us.

Can't see us selling Reid if you go for him; he's a fan favourite and massively important to us. He's without a doubt our best centre half.

it literally is driving me crazy reading these stop gap solutions that SA is looking to pull the trigger on. We are not going to be relegated. Why not actually start planning for the future. This talk of people like carroll, Kone, Van whatever his name is along with others is just silly.

I just dont get that we buy players near 30 for big money....Where is the return? No resale at 31-33.

Yes, yes I get it that we need good senior players.

If you are after defenders, I can see Sam going for Tomkins. He has a track record of signing former players who he trusts (absolutely nothing wrong with that) and he really likes Tomkins. As a player, he improved significantly under Sam and then he moved to Palace with him - I wish he were back with us.

Can't see us selling Reid if you go for him; he's a fan favourite and massively important to us. He's without a doubt our best centre half.

Think it's more likely you will get a couple going from us the other way, mainly Jagielka and Mirallas mate, both of them very much a mixed bag if you get them like.

Left back must be a priority. Need to take our time and get the right striker and centre half in. But left back first.
I’m not sure we will get a centre back ln Jan. With getting a left back and Coleman coming back. Be no need for holgate to cover for right back.

A left back and forward for me. Maybe a centre mid if sam doesn’t fancy what we already have.

We'll be signing none of that tosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back