January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see Van Aanholt being signed, one we need a left back and two it would give Woy some funds to invest in his squad too without severely depleting them.

Can see Van Aanholt being signed, one we need a left back and two it would give Woy some funds to invest in his squad too without severely depleting them.
They'll want lots for PVA because enough people still think he's good, but he's not.

And to think we don't need a CB is insane. We need to get Keane back in there as he's the most talented on in the back, but I also don't see him as being the commanding presence we need back there. Johnny Evans is also really good.

Please don’t give Fat Sam any of your hard earned cash Mr Mosh!!
Looking back at the dross he has bought at other clubs - now being linked to us by the lazy journos - he should never ever be allowed to buy anyone in his doubtless short tenure at Everton.

Please don’t give Fat Sam any of your hard earned cash Mr Mosh!!
Looking back at the dross he has bought at other clubs - now being linked to us by the lazy journos - he should never ever be allowed to buy anyone in his doubtless short tenure at Everton.

Which dross has he signed?

Im just curious if you have even looked back at his past transfers.

There was talk of Onyekuru possibly coming in the winter window, he has said he has held talks about it. If we could get him and one of Robinson or Connolly back for left back, then spend everything we have on a good striker I think that would be good enough.

Kenny has done great at right back got better and better but he needed the chance to do so, I’m sure one of Robinson or Connolly would be decent enough, have half a season learning then we should have a left back ready for next season.

Van aanholt is ordinary from what I've seen of him, gets forward ok but defensively is atrocious.

Signing rubbish players from palace and sunderland is an utter waste of time
Not a good player for any one other than Sam perhaps.

But that's twice Sam has relied on him at Left Back in do or die relegation clubs, and he's come through with top performances both times.

I would argue he's better than Martina and would be very cheap to acquire. Would be better than him as a back up to a proper Left Back

Not a good player for any one other than Sam perhaps.

But that's twice Sam has relied on him at Left Back in do or die relegation clubs, and he's come through with top performances both times.

I would argue he's better than Martina and would be very cheap to acquire. Would be better than him as a back up to a proper Left Back

They paid £13m for him they wouldn’t sell cheaply to us.

Centre Forward
Left Back
Centre Back

...in that order.

Then I think we will try and move a few out and then streamline the squad further next summer and bring in 2 more players.

Nothing revolutionary.
Agree there. Don't think we're in need of anything revolutionary. Two quality additions and Onyekuru and Dowell returning from their season long loan deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back