January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see us signing Slimani. Bertrand, Tierney or that lad who's playing well in Germany would be just lovely as Cuco's back up.

No chance on Tierney imo.

Signed a six-year deal and Celtic won't let him leave half way through the season.

And he wouldn't push it through either.

Dembele, on the other hand, is a serious option. Gamble would be his lack of top-flight experience in England, but having Rooney - England's leading ever scorer - to help him wouldn't be bad.

No chance on Tierney imo.

Signed a six-year deal and Celtic won't let him leave half way through the season.

And he wouldn't push it through either.

Dembele, on the other hand, is a serious option. Gamble would be his lack of top-flight experience in England, but having Rooney - England's leading ever scorer - to help him wouldn't be bad.
TBH why wouldn't they let him go?

The league title is won in Scotland, they know they're getting nowhere in the Europa, maybe a further round or two at best.

They could demand a premium for him in January and it would barely affect the outcome of their season.

I don't think we'll get him by the way, just stating why he may be allowed to leave if somebody can up with the dough.

i know i will get abuse for saying this, but I would go for jack Wilshire, his passing would really help link the team together and he wouldn't cost a penny in Jan.

I know people mention his attitude and i guess that is questionable, but i think its worth the risk. We struggle to keep the ball and we don't have any one bar Davies who plays centre midfield that can play that killer final ball.

Vardy is 30, Bertrand 28.

Both at peak valuation already playing in the PL.

It is a no from me.

Ryan Sessegnon and Petagna for me Clive.

Sessegnon is a good shout but realistically, there are bigger fish than us gathering around him at the min.

Petagna, only seen him against us and lets be honest, anybody would have looked good playing against us up until the last 3 weeks.

i know i will get abuse for saying this, but I would go for jack Wilshire, his passing would really help link the team together and he wouldn't cost a penny in Jan.

I know people mention his attitude and i guess that is questionable, but i think its worth the risk. We struggle to keep the ball and we don't have any one bar Davies who plays centre midfield that can play that killer final ball.
Booooooo

Think Giroud will be available, watched them last night, they play the wrong type of game for him, everything through the middle, no crosses into the box, totally isolated,
World Cup coming up, reckon he will want out.

Think Giroud will be available, watched them last night, they play the wrong type of game for him, everything through the middle, no crosses into the box, totally isolated,
World Cup coming up, reckon he will want out.
Nailed on for West Ham or Palace so his missus doesn't have to find a new hairdresser.
Odds on we'll get either Carroll or Benteke as sloppy seconds.

Not read the thread but just wanted to spitball a few names to see what you lot thought.

Zaha
Wilshere - he is available atleast.

FPoc2O.gif

Vincent Aboubakar
Born: January 22, 1992 (age 25), Yaoundé, Cameroon
Height: 6′ 0″
Weight: 172 lbs
Nationality: Cameroonian

Id love this! Seen a few links out there talking about this.
Release clause is about 40-50m

Thoughts?

Sessegnon is a good shout but realistically, there are bigger fish than us gathering around him at the min.

Petagna, only seen him against us and lets be honest, anybody would have looked good playing against us up until the last 3 weeks.

Would suit our current style really well. Good at holding on to the ball and laying it off to midfield runners. Not sure he'll ever be prolific but not many strikers are in a 4-5-1.

I'd have Luke Shaw as a cheap signing. Still young enough and the kind of player who might do well under a no nonsense coach. Although he has just got back into the MU side so maybe not!

Last edited:

I'd take Wilshere on the basis he could keep fit, but I'm just not sure he can.

Plus our midfield is already packed.

If Barkley is to leave, then maybe, but I reckon that'd be the summer. My priority would be keeping Ross fit, firstly, and then at the club, though.

Can see Wilshere getting a loan to West Ham in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back