January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I think we'll go for expensive ready made players.

For me, Sessegnon and De Ligt would be major coups...ridiculous signings really.

Up front, its hard...like you say Dolberg and Dembele would be gambles..im not sure who would be decent and ready made...

belotti would be the dream, very unlikely though...not sure who else.

De Light would be a terrible signing.

The Dutch league has been shown up for what it is.

I mean you do nothing but rip into Klaassen, who was 1 of the best players in the league, the last thing we need is an 18 year old CB.

Sessegnon will cost upwards of 50m and he certainly wont be joining us.

Dolberg has scored 3 goals so far this season, showing that hes not even close to being ready for a step up.

We have enough young kids, we need some quality in the 25 years + bracket.

I mean you do nothing but rip into Klaassen, who was 1 of the best players in the league, the last thing we need is an 18 year old CB.

Dolberg has scored 3 goals so far this season, showing that hes not even close to being ready for a step up.

Ajax already brought in a potential De Ligt replacement in the form of Perr Schuurs. 18 year old who came through the ranks at my local team Fortuna Sittard. Captained them this season and had trial with the loveable neighbours from across Stanley Park. A lot of clubs around Europe were interested in his signature. Imo he will go further in his career than De Ligt. Someone for you to follow @Zatara

Ryan Sessegnon should be our first signing.

He may well have other teams circling but where would he go?

RS - Playing Gomez there
Chelsea - Don't play kids
Spurs - Have a left back
United - Just needs to look at the turnover of left backs
City - Wont get games
Arsenal - Possibly

Everton - Rapid progression to take over from Baines + can play with his England youth mates.

I'd hope we make him the no1 priority...

Centre forward is hard to say...Dolberg and Dembele would be interesting but we need to be wary here as in this position we need someone to come in and hit the ground running...tricky.

Centre back i'd go for De Ligt at Ajax. Again, same situation as Sessegnon...top sides will want him but if we offer him a path to cement a position then we have a chance.

I wouldn't expect any of these names to start. Basically they'd be brought in/out of the side ready to hit the ground running next season.

If we did sign all of them Zat, would we need to sell them all when they get to 24?

Tierney/sesseg and Dembele
50m is enough. We do not need establish signings. This season is a write off and should spend 100% effort on developing kids. Signing Giroud will serve no purpose to accomplish anything meaningful in the short and long term. Like I say, we will most probably find ourselves nothing to play for in February. Secure safety, but unable to break into top 7.

First of all, there's this strange myth that kids wouldn't be already better than what we already have. That's just not the case.

Second of all, we sit in 9th, 8 points off 7th and 9 points off 4th. There's plenty to play for.

But I also don't advocate signing older players just for this year. Maybe one if they don't cost the farm. DCL is young and talented up front, but it's pretty obvious he isn't quite there, yet.

Ajax already brought in a potential De Ligt replacement in the form of Perr Schuurs. 18 year old who came through the ranks at my local team Fortuna Sittard. Captained them this season and had trial with the loveable neighbours from across Stanley Park. A lot of clubs around Europe were interested in his signature. Imo he will go further in his career than De Ligt. Someone for you to follow @Zatara

He's on it already

tenor.gif

Swerve all Dutch players and anyone from the Dutch league from now on

And despite this there is that little bit of me that still thinks Klaassen will come good, a bit like the hope I had for Bily when he was here.

I watched a lot of vids on Klaassen, I know, nothing like the real thing and everybody looks good on youtube, hes shown nothing in a blue shirt, he looks lost, BUT, if he can "adjust" I still think theres a good player there, just sadly im not sure where hes gonna fit in our side, hes rightly being left out for "better" players atm and I honestly dont see a place going forward for him.

We paid a disgusting amount of money for him, so do we take a hit and sell him on the mega cheap or stick with him in the hope he finds his feet.

I suspect we will torch him and leave him on bricks.

Swerve all Dutch players and anyone from the Dutch league from now on
Coming to this opinion as well.

Having said that I am truly interested to see what Dembele, who plays in the even sorrier league to the far north, could do. I think he might be a success.

We have to sign a striker. If we can't get one who is proven quality then i would prefer a punt on Dembele than a Deeney/Adams type.

I watched a lot of vids on Klaassen, I know, nothing like the real thing and everybody looks good on youtube, hes shown nothing in a blue shirt, he looks lost, BUT, if he can "adjust" I still think theres a good player there, just sadly im not sure where hes gonna fit in our side, hes rightly being left out for "better" players atm and I honestly dont see a place going forward for him.

We paid a disgusting amount of money for him, so do we take a hit and sell him on the mega cheap or stick with him in the hope he finds his feet.

I suspect we will torch him and leave him on bricks.

I can't see him being the sort of player Allardyce wants around so I can see him going at the end of the season unless there is a drastic improvement, but I don't think he'll get the game time to prove whether he would eventually cut it or not and suspect he'll head back to the dutch league and tear it up again.

Ryan Sessegnon should be our first signing.

He may well have other teams circling but where would he go?

RS - Playing Gomez there
Chelsea - Don't play kids
Spurs - Have a left back
United - Just needs to look at the turnover of left backs
City - Wont get games
Arsenal - Possibly

Everton - Rapid progression to take over from Baines + can play with his England youth mates.

I'd hope we make him the no1 priority...

Centre forward is hard to say...Dolberg and Dembele would be interesting but we need to be wary here as in this position we need someone to come in and hit the ground running...tricky.

Centre back i'd go for De Ligt at Ajax. Again, same situation as Sessegnon...top sides will want him but if we offer him a path to cement a position then we have a chance.

I wouldn't expect any of these names to start. Basically they'd be brought in/out of the side ready to hit the ground running next season.

We will be signing 24 to 31-year-olds.

You won't be happy, Zat.

Oh and Sessegnon is a left-back, Gomez is a Cb and plays RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back