January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there is a lot of money for recruitment in January . The biggest outlay will be a centre forward . I think if they can they’ll pick up a left full out in Europe . Think we will see a lot of exits in January either on loan or permanent. The striker though i do think they’ll try to get in is DAS BOST ...

Klassen no chance we'd be able to offload him right now without a massive financial hit mate, and doubt any club would agree to a loan clause inserted at the price we'd want, best for us as a club is to loan him where he will play and do well, and come the summer re-evaluate - with hopefully him having restored what right now is a damaged reputation for any teams wanting him

i think a loan in january to one of those clubs down there would be a very good idea. You look at swansea as a team who lack that creative midfielder type and won't really spend money. It's a shame because he is the type of player we needed under moyes, that goalscoring midfielder from deep to compliment cahill. I wouldn't want to give up on him or any of our summer signings just yet, but he and sandro most importantly. Both need to get used to the league and need that exposure because they won't be getting it here this season.

i'd be happy with a pacey, strong centre back and a brilliant target man in jan. I think left back can wait until the summer tbh, but i don't like this talk of the squad being too big. We want to be regular european competitors and i think with our home grown quota and youth team starlets, that's not really an issue. About 2 or 3 aren't needed imo, but by the end of the summer i think our squad will look something like:

Keepers
Pickford
New GK
Stek

Right Backs
Coleman
Kenny

Centre Backs
New CB
Keane
New CB
Williams
Mori
Holgate

Left Backs
New LB
Baines

Defensive/Centre Mids
Schneiderlin
Gueye
Rooney
Davies
Klaassen
Besic

Right Mid's
Bolasie
Lookman
Onyekuru
Lennon

Left Mid's
Siggurdsson
Vlasic
Sandro

Strikers
New ST
New ST

Niasse
DCL

When we look at that, we'll be losing robles and barkley because of their contracts and you'd think that mirallas, mccarthy and jagielka will be moved on (one of him or williams, rather than both, hopefully). That leaves us with a squad of 30 which i don't think is too much, especially give the amount of youth. Players like lennon and niasse have no real sell value and i think are useful to keep around the squad for that reason. We could possibly do with another top wide player if we're willing to let mirallas go, but i'd rather see how bolasie comes back and how the young wingers start developing first. That list of centre mids and DM's could possibly do with another addition, but overall i think that's a good core of 30 players. I don't agree with shouts of mass overhauls, we've had to do it for the last few years now, so we need a tad bit of stability, which is why senior players like williams, baines, lennon etc can be maintained and as fringe players.​

Should grab Wiltshire tbh, risk with injury, but has talent that we don't elsewhere in that position - IF Barkley goes ofc
Seems to be back in favour at Arsenal and clearly one of their better midfielder. He puts that Xhaka to shame. And seems to be doing 90 minutes' now too.

Doubt they'd let him go/he'd want to come here or leave there.

Edit:
And he's a right [Poor language removed]

i think a loan in january to one of those clubs down there would be a very good idea. You look at swansea as a team who lack that creative midfielder type and won't really spend money. It's a shame because he is the type of player we needed under moyes, that goalscoring midfielder from deep to compliment cahill. I wouldn't want to give up on him or any of our summer signings just yet, but he and sandro most importantly. Both need to get used to the league and need that exposure because they won't be getting it here this season.

There’s no way we should contemplate loaning/selling any players to any team below us - we are not out of the [Poor language removed] yet. We should only sell players who would weaken other sides - pack ya bags Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back