Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of sites yesterday at 25mil.

Scandalous. We should still have a go...perhaps the stars are aligning for this Tierney everyone is raving about.

Spurs have 2 left backs, not only Rose though.
City have Mendy injured so wouldn't be 1st choice

I'd probably agree with Utd and RS...

Sessegnon and Tierney are the 2 most 'en vogue' I suppose...go for both with a backup option...

I saw Fulham would want up to 50 million. 25 would be a good deal, but I can't see him moving for that. I'm probably in a minority here, but I do think we may have missed the boat on both Tierney and Sessegnon and will end up having to pay ridiculous money. The art is to sign players before their price starts to rocket, not during or after that process. In many ways I'd be happier to see a lad like the fella from Bristol City. I'm not sure as a club we can be successful outbidding Manchester United.

As for Seri he is slightly different as he's a lad slap bang in his prime. I do wonder if he's more a replacement for Ross as anything else. I think it would give the midfield a nice balance, the only difficulty being the lack of height in the team. Lennon, Kenny, Baines, Gueye and Seri are all small lads and we know how the manager wants to play. I'd be very happy with Seri though.

VIDA.jpg

Vida signs for Beskitas

I saw Fulham would want up to 50 million. 25 would be a good deal, but I can't see him moving for that. I'm probably in a minority here, but I do think we may have missed the boat on both Tierney and Sessegnon and will end up having to pay ridiculous money. The art is to sign players before their price starts to rocket, not during or after that process. In many ways I'd be happier to see a lad like the fella from Bristol City. I'm not sure as a club we can be successful outbidding Manchester United.

As for Seri he is slightly different as he's a lad slap bang in his prime. I do wonder if he's more a replacement for Ross as anything else. I think it would give the midfield a nice balance, the only difficulty being the lack of height in the team. Lennon, Kenny, Baines, Gueye and Seri are all small lads and we know how the manager wants to play. I'd be very happy with Seri though.

What represents a 'good deal' here though?

We spent 45mil on Sigurdsson whose 28...Sessegnon could have 15 years of football compared to Gylfi's 5.

To be honest I was surprised no one went for him for 30mil in the summer.

Seri is potentially a top player, I say potentially because we don't know how good he would be in the prem. He and gana would be an excellent combo buzzing around but like you say, very small.

If we sign Lamine Kone I will cry.

As for Sessegnon and Tierney, they will end up somewhere much better than us.

I honestly don’t have a clue who will be available in January, not expecting big things.

If we sign Lamine Kone I will cry.

As for Sessegnon and Tierney, they will end up somewhere much better than us.

I honestly don’t have a clue who will be available in January, not expecting big things.

Allardyce has said he wants his first signing to be a good one...said it would be a major factor in him staying in the job.

What represents a 'good deal' here though?

We spent 45mil on Sigurdsson whose 28...Sessegnon could have 15 years of football compared to Gylfi's 5.

To be honest I was surprised no one went for him for 30mil in the summer.

Seri is potentially a top player, I say potentially because we don't know how good he would be in the prem. He and gana would be an excellent combo buzzing around but like you say, very small.

I think we'd both agree that the acquisition of Sigurdsson was an example of exactly the wrong type of player. Buying the best players from Premier league teams who are in their mid to late 20's will only lead to difficulties.

The issue I have with Sessegnon is his value has probably increased 5/6 times in 18 months. I think sometimes you have to look at a lad and say we missed the boat a bit and look at the next target. We have done well with Holgate, DCL, Vlasic, the lad from Fulham we got in getting in early enough. I'll be honest I'd be very happy with the lad from Bristol City if the price was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back