Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of these would you keep;
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Browning

Do you think Jagielka and Baines have a season left in them? Jagielka is 35 and Baines has been slated this season and before

How about Williams? Don't you think he is error prone? Isnt Mori also error prone?

Isn't David Luiz error prone?, daft question as every defender has errors in them, it depends on how many, who is coaching them and who is playing alongside them.

Believe that Jags is in his last season but Baines will be still there for cover. Williams, depends who we are playing, if it's a high line then no I wouldn't play him but defending the 18 yard box he can do a job. Mori again is a back up defender.

The other lads are out on loan, therefore not in the squad.

Would like a powerful CB to play alongside Keane, VVD or Koulibaly would be nice but those ships have sailed. The guy from Burnley, Mee is our level and we would get for the same sort of money, but I have a feeling that Sam will bring in a none sense defender that he has worked with before, probably someone like Tomkins who I don't personally rate.

It Seems that Toson fella from Besiktas is the CF, but I know nothing of him and hope he is a success. The left back position is a tough one though as I don't really buy into the fusion names like Shaw, Chilwell etc, although t he young lad from Bristol City looks the part

I'm guessing you're either using 'google translate' or English isn't your first language.

As I'm a nice person I'll try to simplify my point of view and perspective in basic form;

"Sam Allardyce has done very similar work to Diego Simeone when he first joined Atletico".

I hope that this is now clear to you and you can continue with your life.

You can't talk to people on here mate. They take a snippet of what you post leave out the rest, mis interpret the bit they remember and then twist it into something you havnt actually said, them abuse you.

except Simeone has won things. Sams doing a solid job and it'll be good for us this season but he is what he is as a manager. won't get us higher than 7th or a cup even if he stays multiple seasons . Good and solid in the short term though
So we need, Not just the best manager in the last two decades..but probably Ever. He will come in and be able to get a tune out of this current, bloated mess of a team with an attacking mentality, a steady spine at the same time ....rock solid defence work. We will surely win the league ....easy this innit.
Not sure our problems are just poor man management.
If you look at the sh1te, Spurs for examples...they really have sold well and annoyingly bought well and bought often. How many times have the sh1te sold a player only to find two more to come and slot seemlessly in to suit a new managers style.....we dont do that. We sell big, Get giddy and buy average it seems, Other than Rooney have we had a worldy at Everton in the last two decades ?? I think the scouts are the issue with us, Maybe not always the managers.

So we need, Not just the best manager in the last two decades..but probably Ever. He will come in and be able to get a tune out of this current, bloated mess of a team with an attacking mentality, a steady spine at the same time ....rock solid defence work. We will surely win the league ....easy this innit.
Not sure our problems are just poor man management.
If you look at the sh1te, Spurs for examples...they really have sold well and annoyingly bought well and bought often. How many times have the sh1te sold a player only to find two more to come and slot seemlessly in to suit a new managers style.....we dont do that. We sell big, Get giddy and buy average it seems, Other than Rooney have we had a worldy at Everton in the last two decades ?? I think the scouts are the issue with us, Maybe not always the managers.

Simple explanation.

Both of those teams have bought very well from abroad to supplement some purchases from the domestic market, all our overseas buys have been for want of a better word atrocious and have been for nigh on 20 years with maybe 2 exceptions in all that time.

What the reason for that is - is up to you to decide, but over that period their has been changes in managers, scouting teams, and even a DoF installed, yet what remains the constant in buying an overseas player - if not for the person doing the negotiating?

You can't talk to people on here mate. They take a snippet of what you post leave out the rest, mis interpret the bit they remember and then twist it into something you havnt actually said, them abuse you.
Some people are also unable to understand that you may be only talking about specific similarities and not actually comparing the two as a whole, I’m sure Zat fully understands that Simeone is a better manager and more successful than Sam.

Some people are also unable to understand that you may be only talking about specific similarities and not actually comparing the two as a whole, I’m sure Zat fully understands that Simeone is a better manager and more successful than Sam.

You would assume so but he has argued against both of those points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back