Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, we'll have to see as he hasn't had a run of games.

He has, and apart from one he’s been an absolute disaster

I don't recall Simeone saving so many championship level clubs from relegation.

for the love of god, you actually comparing the two

Not even kidding. If you look back at when Simeone went to Atletico he focused on defence first and brought through youth players then they added (as usual since) sprinkles of emerging stars across the team + some experienced players.

Please stop comparing one of the worlds greatest midfielders to a second rate, lower division English centre back.

Spanish players have this thing called technical ability, something English players don’t. We all know you like a bit of youth but our players are nowhere the standard of other countries. Have you not noticed this yet

If you take what he did as a barometer then look at Allardyce with us, what do you think Simeone would have done?

Allardyce has done nothing with us that any other half decent manager wouldn’t have achieved. Scraping draws and beating relegation threatened teams is not the second coming if Christ

If Shaw's contract up next summer?.

No, he’s a fat mess

Diego Simeone honours:

ClubEdit

Estudiantes La Plata (1)
River Plate (1)
Atlético Madrid (5)
IndividualEdit

Sam Allardyce:

•Finished 5th with Bolton

•Two time winner of the queens head pub quiz.

You've got it in for a manager whose unbeaten since joining on 2pts per game average.

What does that say about your general football knowledge?

I’m not into short term gains as they tend to lead to long term pain. Particularly when they are built on a foundation of negativity and luck.

You can vault that for when you’ve had enough of the spoofer and his orcish sidekick.

is the correct answer @Zatara

He has, and apart from one he’s been an absolute disaster

for the love of god, you actually comparing the two

Please stop comparing one of the worlds greatest midfielders to a second rate, lower division English centre back.

Spanish players have this thing called technical ability, something English players don’t. We all know you like a bit of youth but our players are nowhere the standard of other countries. Have you not noticed this yet

Allardyce has done nothing with us that any other half decent manager wouldn’t have achieved. Scraping draws and beating relegation threatened teams is not the second coming if Christ

No, he’s a fat mess

God if only.

Allardyce and Simeone being compared, and he’s being serious

Ffs

Diego Simeone honours:

ClubEdit

Estudiantes La Plata (1)
River Plate (1)
Atlético Madrid (5)
IndividualEdit

Sam Allardyce:

•Finished 5th with Bolton

•Two time winner of the queens head pub quiz.

I don't think many people watch La Liga. In fact its blindingly obvious lol

Simeone had a pretty low win rate at Racing, River Plate, San Lorenzo and Catania before he went to Atletico.

Upon joining Atletico he focused on defence and brought through young players while adding some foreign talent. he won the Europa league in his 1st season.

What has Allardyce done? Focused on defence + played young players....

None of the above can even be argued. Its factual.

So many entitled 'fans' who think 2pts per game for a team that was 6/1 to be relegated is poor.

Without calling anyone a RS :o its the same sense of entitlement that the neighbours show or Geordies.

How people can complain about our managers record since taking over is beyond me.

I've not said Allardyce is the best manager in the world but he's doing a fantastic job points wise.

I’m not into short term gains as they tend to lead to long term pain. Particularly when they are built on a foundation of negativity and luck.

You can vault that for when you’ve had enough of the spoofer and his orcish sidekick.

Sounds like you were happy staring at relegation and conceding 2+ goals per game.

He’s Obviously a Brexit voter too

You absolute snowflake millennial.

Simeone had a pretty low win rate at Racing, River Plate, San Lorenzo and Catania before he went to Atletico.

Upon joining Atletico he focused on defence and brought through young players while adding some foreign talent. he won the Europa league in his 1st season.

So many entitled 'fans' who think 2pts per game for a team that was 6/1 to be relegated is poor.

Without calling anyone a RS :eek: its the same sense of entitlement that the neighbours show or Geordies.

How people can complain about our managers record since taking over is beyond me.

I've not said Allardyce is the best manager in the world but he's doing a fantastic job points wise.
I’ve got nothing against Sam. I didn’t expect him to come in and have us playing teams off the park, and he’s done better results-wise than I thought he would possibly achieve.

But to compare him to Simeone is a little bit insane IMO.

Without calling anyone a RS :eek: its the same sense of entitlement that the neighbours show or Geordies.

Love the way you missed out the fact he won 2 Argentine league titles

What’s big Sam done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back