Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diego Simeone honours:

ClubEdit

Estudiantes La Plata (1)
River Plate (1)
Atlético Madrid (5)
IndividualEdit

Sam Allardyce:

•Finished 5th with Bolton

•Two time winner of the queens head pub quiz.
And your point is ?

:oops::oops::oops:

Tbf zat might have a point. Simeone did once wear a headset like fat man does and word on the Calle is that he mixes an oxo cube into his paella

image.webp

Love the way you missed out the fact he won 2 Argentine league titles

What’s big Sam done

With Estudiantes and River Plate...

Look at his win % at River. Would barely get champtions league in the prem..and he had the best team there.

Why are you comparing achievements? Ive not compared their abilities.

Diego Simeone honours:

ClubEdit

Estudiantes La Plata (1)
River Plate (1)
Atlético Madrid (5)
IndividualEdit

Sam Allardyce:

•Finished 5th with Bolton

•Two time winner of the queens head pub quiz.
Ahem.... league of Ireland division 1 title ;)

I am confident a lot of people who keep slating our current (2pts per game) manager would swap him for Simeone in a heartbeat,

Yet Simeone played a very similar style to us when he joined Atletico + had homegrown players come through and added some emerging stars as well over the years...

Its a case of Sam Allardici.
I know you have me on ignore so this is for the benefit of everyone else.

There is a reason why at 70 we are the biggest job allardyce has ever got. Simeone leaves athletico tomorrow and the club's that would be after him would be all top level clubs. I'm talking about Bayern, juventus, real Madrid (if it didn't break their agreement eith athletico) , Chelsea to name but a few.

Who has ever been after allardyce? Bolton, palace , Sunderland, west ham, Newcastle, Blackburn. There is a reason for that, why 25-30 years of managerial experience the only good job he has ever gotten was because they were desperate to fix all the mistakes they made a few months earlier. Speaks volumes for him.

So if you want to compare the two in any way, compare that. Why no good team has ever wanted him, compare the fact simeone is a wanted man in football.

Or just compare the fact one has won league titles with a club who have been very much sell to buy before they got somewhere under simeone in a 2 team league and in the same scenario the other has won nothing at all on 20 plus years in management.

Talking out of your arse as usual .

I know you have me on ignore so this is for the benefit of everyone else.

There is a reason why at 70 we are the biggest job allardyce has ever got. Simeone leaves athletico tomorrow and the club's that would be after him would be all top level clubs. I'm talking about Bayern, juventus, real Madrid (if it didn't break their agreement eith athletico) , Chelsea to name but a few.

Who has ever been after allardyce? Bolton, palace , Sunderland, west ham, Newcastle, Blackburn. There is a reason for that, why 25-30 years of managerial experience the only good job he has ever gotten was because they were desperate to fix all the mistakes they made a few months earlier. Speaks volumes for him.

So if you want to compare the two in any way, compare that. Why no good team has ever wanted him, compare the fact simeone is a wanted man in football.

Or just compare the fact one has won league titles with a club who have been very much sell to buy before they got somewhere under simeone in a 2 team league and in the same scenario the other has won nothing at all on 20 plus years in management.

Talking out of your arse as usual .

I'm guessing you're either using 'google translate' or English isn't your first language.

As I'm a nice person I'll try to simplify my point of view and perspective in basic form;

"Sam Allardyce has done very similar work to Diego Simeone when he first joined Atletico".

I hope that this is now clear to you and you can continue with your life.

With Estudiantes and River Plate...

Look at his win % at River. Would barely get champtions league in the prem..and he had the best team there.

Why are you comparing achievements? Ive not compared their abilities.

What are you comparing then?? Fat Sam as achieved absolutely jack in a 20+ year career.

Fat Sam has gotten points which any half decent manager out there would have. He’s not the second coming, he’s a useless fat tit who’ll endure us the worst brand of football known to man

Did Diego ever go to Granada with his Athletico side and park the bus.

He’s been far from one of the best defenders in the league this year, Keane was one of the best defenders in the league when we bought him for 25M also.

He's been injured and left out of the squad for a long time, and has had all the transfer distraction. Hardly a fair measure.

I'm guessing you're either using 'google translate' or English isn't your first language.

As I'm a nice person I'll try to simplify my point of view and perspective in basic form;

"Sam Allardyce has done very similar work to Diego Simeone when he first joined Atletico".

I hope that this is now clear to you and you can continue with your life.

That’s just not true, one bit

What are you comparing then?? Fat Sam as achieved absolutely jack in a 20+ year career.

Fat Sam has gotten points which any half decent manager out there would have. He’s not the second coming, he’s a useless fat tit who’ll endure us the worst brand of football known to man

Did Diego ever go to Granada with his Athletico side and park the bus.

hahaha

I'll try again...

1 -- Simeone joined Atletico and focused on their defence (very deep)
2 -- Simeone brought youth team players into the side
3 -- Simeone then worked on the midfield etc whilst straight talking about the style of play he wants to incorporate

4 -- Allardyce joined Everton and focused on the defence
5 -- Allardyce has been playing young players (who admittedly were in the squad already but lots of people didn't think he would play them)
6 -- Allardyce has spoken straight and highlighted weak areas and the possession

Simeone won the Europa cup in his first season if I remember correctly. He had previously won 2 titles In Argentina BUT his record at all clubs apart from Estudiantes wasn't over 50% win rate.

Allardyce has won nothing of note...however, the focus on defence...playing young players...and then straight talking about the possession and what he wants to implement are all very similar.

You know, when Simeone started there he was lauded, if Allardyce was a Evertonian superstar former international player he would not have such venom directed at him.

I seriously cant believe he's getting slated when seeing 15pts from the last 7 games,

If it continues, or we at least see 7th and signs of what hes doing then i'd be happy for him to have next season.

hahaha

I'll try again...

1 -- Simeone joined Atletico and focused on their defence (very deep)
2 -- Simeone brought youth team players into the side
3 -- Simeone then worked on the midfield etc whilst straight talking about the style of play he wants to incorporate

4 -- Allardyce joined Everton and focused on the defence
5 -- Allardyce has been playing young players (who admittedly were in the squad already but lots of people didn't think he would play them)
6 -- Allardyce has spoken straight and highlighted weak areas and the possession

Simeone won the Europa cup in his first season if I remember correctly. He had previously won 2 titles In Argentina BUT his record at all clubs apart from Estudiantes wasn't over 50% win rate.

Allardyce has won nothing of note...however, the focus on defence...playing young players...and then straight talking about the possession and what he wants to implement are all very similar.

You know, when Simeone started there he was lauded, if Allardyce was a Evertonian superstar former international player he would not have such venom directed at him.

I seriously cant believe he's getting slated when seeing 15pts from the last 7 games,

If it continues, or we at least see 7th and signs of what hes doing then i'd be happy for him to have next season.

Simeone scored goals and created chances when he took over

Allardyce has beaten 3 relegation threatened teams, not convincingly I may add and parked the bus against the others
Allardyce plays long ball, it’s a fact he’s done it every we’re hes been
Allardyce has never focussed on possession, his entire remit is to long ball it and pick up the scraps in the final 3rd.
Allardyce is solely focussed on organisation, a point is better than none
Allardyce is playing the youngsters because everyone else is injured or garbage

Diego Simeone would never go to Levante and park a bus and create one shot on target, that cane in the 89th minute. Because he’s not a crap long ball Texan

I couldn’t give a rats arse if won the cup. May comes and this fat mess and his gang of hangers on, who are milking this club dry, get booted.

Be arsed with him and his IPA drinking buddy buying absolute donkeys and grocks and then walking away and leaving us with years of shifting [Poor language removed]. That bald old tit has already done enough damage

And FYI, the amazing sam has gotten points which 90% of managers would have done. We rode our luck massively in at least 4 of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back