Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this would be a fairly realistic window that would strengthen the areas of the squad that need it most:

Denis Zakaria (Strong, powerful CM and comfortable on the ball)

Marvin Plattenhardt (Young, German international LB, excellent left foot)

Jonny Evans (Solid left-sided CB with lots of PL experience)

Willian Jose/Jamie Vardy/Stefan Jovetic (A striker, take your pick, but these would be my 3 main choices)

Would look to move on Mirallas, McCarthy, Besic, Lennon and Cuco for sure, and a Championship loan for DCL, hopefully we can recall Onyekuru too.

Dominic is good enough to play regularly for alot of lower half teams in the premier league IMO. Still rather see him stay and challenge with us though.

Or how about william Shatner?

170px-William_Shatner_Riding.jpg
I missed all these. These are awesome

At the cost of like 80M. That would be crazy. Williams has a 50M release clause.

We need a CB more than any other position honestly. I'd love some more pace on the wing, but we bought Henry, we have Bolaisse, Lookman can kind of play wide, Vlasic, Mirallas, Lennon, etc. Traore and Depay would've been great, but Henry has talent and was cheaper.
I thought we had money.

We spent 80m on Sigurdsson, Sandro and Klassen. None of which we need.

This is how much players who are good enough cost.

If you are happy buying prospects then fair enough. I thought we had ambition.

If we are in the market for fullbacks and we should be because we need them for both sides then I would suggest we look at Brazilians and in general south Americans. They seem to produce the type of fullback the modern game relies on and there are probably a few that we could grab cheaply.

Think this would be a fairly realistic window that would strengthen the areas of the squad that need it most:

Denis Zakaria (Strong, powerful CM and comfortable on the ball)

Marvin Plattenhardt (Young, German international LB, excellent left foot)

Jonny Evans (Solid left-sided CB with lots of PL experience)

Willian Jose/Jamie Vardy/Stefan Jovetic (A striker, take your pick, but these would be my 3 main choices)

Would look to move on Mirallas, McCarthy, Besic, Lennon and Cuco for sure, and a Championship loan for DCL, hopefully we can recall Onyekuru too.

Sadly that isn’t even remotely realistic for a January transfer window mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back