Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we had money.

We spent 80m on Sigurdsson, Sandro and Klassen. None of which we need.

This is how much players who are good enough cost.

If you are happy buying prospects then fair enough. I thought we had ambition.

Uh, no, I just don't want to blow $50M on Inaki Williams when we've got Vlasic/Lookman/Bolaisse/Henry/Sandro and others that can play the same position as Williams decently AND still not get a CB. We have one of the worst defenses in the league. A target guy and another CB good in the air very obviously solves a lot of the defensive and offensive problems (terrible aerial win rate, terrible at converting set pieces).

It's not lack of ambition, it's lack of intelligence. Don't get me wrong, I love Inaki Williams, but he's not going to make as big an impact as a CB would.

1) Allardyce dosent play to win
2) Name 1 young player, just 1, that Allardyce has decided to bring through ahead of a seasoned professional
3) Adding Sessegnon to athe already long list of Holgate, Kenny, Davies, Baningimie, Lookman & Calvert Lewin is abit to much dependant on youth.
A 23-25 year old would probably be the best option
But according to Zat at 25 you are past in and should be binned off

Yussef Poulsen ?

RB Leipzig;
23 years, 80 matches, 20 goals.
Watched him in the Denmark match
He’s a snide and a bit of a coward
Few hard tackles and he lost interest
That Eriksen fella of Denmark looks a decent player but he’s a No 10 so no go unless we swap Siggy and Rooney for him
All joking aside there was a Celta Vigo player playing uptop / wide for Denmark that looked decent

Oh you scallywag. Try again, but with less WUMming. Big clue: the motto is in Latin, and requires translation in full.

This should be an interesting peek into mild craziness. Continue, Michael.

And in retrospect, we would have been better to play Barry in central defence in every single game that Alcaraz got onto the pitch, because Alcaraz absolutely sucked immense hairy spheres. Name three games where he wasn't abysmally substandard. I'll wait.

So you confirm that wage-thief McGeady was one-dimensional, but somehow this is a good thing? His record with us proves that regardless of how many dimensions he had to his game, he was grossly unproductive. He was every bit as bad as people said - including the people in the championship, to where he was loaned out when his Everton career flickered into nothingness and was mercifully culled.

I didn't call McCarthy a flop. I said that overall, given the extraordinary amount of games he's missed due to injury weighed against his one good season of consistent, effective play, I would regard him as a mediocre transfer. To compare to the two players you mention, McCarthy was a far better transfer than Kone and is CURRENTLY a better transfer than Niasse... but Niasse is starting to show a glimmer of usefulness and Macca is done here.

Being better than Kone does not make you great. It just means you aren't an absolute fraud masquerading as a footballer, stealing a wage whilst commuting between the physio room and camel riding lessons.

But we are off-topic and you, Michael, appear to be smoking obscene amounts of crack.

Kone in particular should have been brought before the magistrates court and charged with obtaining money under false pretences.
Although for his defence he would have stated that if McGeady was doing it then why shouldn’t he
Kone was a stain on our club that will take years to remove

Watched him in the Denmark match
He’s a snide and a bit of a coward
Few hard tackles and he lost interest
That Eriksen fella of Denmark looks a decent player but he’s a No 10 so no go unless we swap Siggy and Rooney for him
All joking aside there was a Celta Vigo player playing uptop / wide for Denmark that looked decent
Yes, i came to the same verdict, about him. Not really worthy of Everton after-all. The previous nil-nil game aginst ireland, he was alright though.
The guy on top, you refere to, is Simon Kjaer. He's rock solid, and one of the best Danish players, for years. Very consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back