Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracks me up these people turning their noses up at Walcott. Have you seen the state of our attack?!

He’s a huge upgrade on anything we have going forward and will bring much needed pace and a goal threat to the side.

I agree that a CF and LB are huge priorities but if this fella’s available then it’s a no brainer for me.

Cracks me up these people turning their noses up at Walcott. Have you seen the state of our attack?!

He’s a huge upgrade on anything we have going forward and will bring much needed pace and a goal threat to the side.

I agree that a CF and LB are huge priorities but if this fella’s available then it’s a no brainer for me.

He's an upgrade on what we've got and he doesn't do badly playing through the middle either, I'd love to have him in our team

Loan with option would be ideal for me.
He would be a fantastic addition. Id love to have him for a few years. Give him the chance he deserves and then mentor the young ones. He has bags of talent. He is not the answer to our problems but would be a very big piece of the puzzle in my mind.

Walcott would be a big upgrade on our current winger options, which is none. Walcott on Loan would be great to replace Lennon.

Walcott has more goals in the premier league over the past 2 seasons than DCL and Lennon combined. Actually double what they have combined. He scored 19 goals last season in all competitions.
Just because he'd improve the current team doesn't mean we all have to be overjoyed at the prospect of being saddled with him for the next 4 years- the most likely situation once he bags a few goals and becomes our second top goalscorer with 5.

What am I missing about walcott? Whats not to like about him? He got hurt a couple of years ago for a duration? He has averaged something like 30+ plus games a season for his whole career apart from his first year and the injury period over two seasons?

What am I missing about walcott? Whats not to like about him? He got hurt a couple of years ago for a duration? He has averaged something like 30+ plus games a season for his whole career apart from his first year and the injury period over two seasons?

I think what you fail to see is posters on this fourm don't actually seem to watch much football outside of everton. So when they make a post about a player its more based on the commonly accepted stereotype of a player. Rather then lets say, facts and research or just any actual knowledge of said player.

We've had months to prepare for new players. No excuse whatsoever for a new striker not being announced within the next 2 or 3 working days. Alongside that, at a minimum, a new left back ought to be announced too. If that doesn't happen, then we 100% know that we'll be scratching around at the end of the window, yet again.

He's an upgrade on what we've got and he doesn't do badly playing through the middle either, I'd love to have him in our team

..my concern is his injury record. He spends a significant amount of time on the treatment table and that situation doesn’t usually improve with age. Never seems to be busting a gut to get back, not sure he plays as though the game really matters to him anymore. No doubt he adds pace and finishing ability.

Riddle me this, at some point during the summer Kolasinac was identified as a target by a person, Koeman or Walsh probably, as replacement / cover for Baines.

Then he goes to Arsenal and suddenly we have no other targets or anyone else lined up? Not even a slight rumour of another left back. So it was thought of because we wouldn't have offered him a contract but then it must not have been planned well because no one else appeared? How can that happen?!

I don't trust Elstone, Kenwright or Walsh to get the players we need.

If Ryazantsev is indeed playing a bigger role in the footballing activity, I really hope he knows how to get things done.

I’d deffo take Walcott over what we have now but I think all of our managers like the work Lennon puts in defensively so I would be surprised if Sam suddenly goes more attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back