Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaitan is an upgrade over what we have and likes to play the left side. I'm assuming we are selling Kev and we'd then loan out Lookman or Vlasic. It doesn't really make sense why we'd want him - 29 years old, good player, but past his prime. Perhaps we are selling Lennon, too?

Can't we just buy a bloody CF and LB already?

A fella from work, massive Benfica fan and former season ticket holder said Gaitan used to be amazing. He said he did his knee a few seasons ago and all the big clubs that were interested fell away (although I think he was at Atletico??) Sounds like he’s no chance of passing our medical, unless he started it in the summer.

Not sure I'd take Walcott, don't get me wrong he is better than all of attacking options, but I'm not sure if he's the right answer this window. I think we need much better physical presence upfront, Walcott doesn't provide that. He provides great pace in behind but we don't have anyone in the team who could find him we delicate through balls. The creative players we do have, Sigurdsson and Rooney, are better at picking crosses to a target man than they are playing people in behind a defence. Hopefully Tosun is the answer there.

As for out wide I believe full backs are far more important than wingers in this window. We are probably the only team in the premier league that offers zero threat from the fullback positions. Martina is straight garbage, and out of position, and for all Kenny's heart and endeavour he treats the football like a live grenade. We need to upgrade these positions.

If we sign a left back and stay in the market for a wide player, then a loan with option to buy for Nico Gaitain could be a goer. He seems to like starting out on the left and will cut inside if he has a full back overlapping so it could be a good fit. Would also have the benefit of moving Sigurdsson inside.

I’d deffo take Walcott over what we have now but I think all of our managers like the work Lennon puts in defensively so I would be surprised if Sam suddenly goes more attacking.
How could he go more defensive without the end result being ordered a taxi and Ryazantsev making Sam an offer he can't refuse?

47A98BBC00000578-0-image-m-2_1514741922090.jpg

Just because he'd improve the current team doesn't mean we all have to be overjoyed at the prospect of being saddled with him for the next 4 years- the most likely situation once he bags a few goals and becomes our second top goalscorer with 5.
Yes, significantly improving our current team should make a fan overjoyed. And Im not sure HOW we would be saddled with him for 4 years with a loan, but I guess making things up is fun(much like pretending someone who scored 19 goals will only score 5)?

Riddle me this, at some point during the summer Kolasinac was identified as a target by a person, Koeman or Walsh probably, as replacement / cover for Baines.

Then he goes to Arsenal and suddenly we have no other targets or anyone else lined up? Not even a slight rumour of another left back. So it was thought of because we wouldn't have offered him a contract but then it must not have been planned well because no one else appeared? How can that happen?!

I don't trust Elstone, Kenwright or Walsh to get the players we need.

If Ryazantsev is indeed playing a bigger role in the footballing activity, I really hope he knows how to get things done.
I mentioned this last year. We had Plan A, that's it. Just so mind numbingly stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back