January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This one has sex music in the background, which might be why I think Seri is decent

He plays in a crap league. France is one step up from University leagues.
He's 5'6 ffs
Can he play CB?
Looks like Manny Fernandes Youtube video
Didn't see him win one header. Swerve.
Anyone can look boss on YouTube.

Alternatively, he's ace...so won't be coming here.

If we had 70m then take the remaining 43m to Germany and come back with Phillip Max and Thorgan Hazard. while there find someone to buy Mirallas, Schneiderlin and Besic.

Bring in Nzonzi on loan.

Use money from outgoings to fund De Vrij with some left over.

Get on it Walshy.

*yes, i realize it is silly for January (or probably ever really) and would never happen - though, with a shortened window and WC this summer I am betting that will be a mess too.
He's out of contract in the summer, should be throwing stupid wages at him to get him to sign a precontract and then offer the club a bit to get him in early.

While a winger such as Walcott and a CM such as Seri would be fantastic, the reality is we have one priority left, and that is LB. That should be where we put most of our effort now, into the likes of Phillip Max, or in the case we cant get him, Luke Shaw types.

While we could use a CM, and a winger, the reality is Gueye plays DM well, either Schneiderlin, McCarthy, or Rooney can slide in next to him, and Siggurdson, Klaassen, and Vlasic can play better as an attacking mid now that we hopefully have an actual striker. With Bolasie on one wing, that allows us to play either Lookman or DCL on the other. Neither is a priority like LB.

Agree it's a key position. It hasn't helped Sig be productive when he's having to cover Martina half the time too.

Also he gets very little overlap from him and when Martina does go forward he has to shift it onto his right which means we lose all momentum in our attacks. Not having a genuine left back which can go up and down totally unbalanced us. Even Baines can't do that job anymore.

...another point Allardyce made today was that the team/squad lacks pace. I prefer to describe it as lacking athleticism (pace, size, strength, running power and mobility). Players who make the pitch look small, players who ‘get us up the pitch’. I’m sure it’s why he’s rushed Bolasie back and might be an indication of the type he’s keen to get in.

Eggs it is also indicative of the poor training regime under RM and RK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back