Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have seen so far, vlasic AND lookman look like they have world class potential at their current age. Not saying they are anywhere near it now, long way to go but considering they are only teenagers then 4-5 years before you expect them to carry consistency.

Lookman is an extremely fast direct winger who can beat a man and is very effective scorer as well when he wants to. Mould that in the right way and years to come he could click it all together one season. If ademola wore red he would be being marked as the next big thing.

Vlasic is very creative at a young age and can make a positive contribution when playing. Again in 5 years time, he could add discipline and decision making into his game and be a major influence and could well see him mirroring the likes of modric in playing at the top level football.

I mean there is more at the club like this but I won't go into it for overhyping young players but those 2 particularly 'could' be special considering right now they are still learning the game at this top level , they shouldn't be judged by their overall contributions now

Lookman isn't really a winger, though. Inside forward type. Quick, not amazing top speed, but will be able to score. Wish we saw more of him.

We do need a true box to box guy that both win the ball and can hold the ball and move it up the pitch. Seri is pretty good, but yes, he is a midget.

It’s crazy how some people think Seri sucks lol. When teams like psg are inquiring about him Look at veratti he’s short and better than any creative midfielder in our team. Seri would automatically be better than any creative midfielder in our team. Midget or not size doesn’t matter look a lanzini. I’d rather have a midget than a tall dude that has dogsh1t possession. I guess u guys must be the ones content with 1 shot on target per game.

Miguel Layun- he is right footed FFS

Transfer market lists him: footed-both

I just watched his videos just to see this guy.

Ha I only saw him use his left one time.

Could be nothing in this transfer rumor but FFS if we are looking at a right footed left back.

Could be nothing in this transfer rumor but FFS if we are looking at a right footed left back.

Although wasn't it HK who once said he liked a right-footed left back and a left-footed right back?

He cuts in a lot, but he can use his left and did break into Porto as a LB. He's not the answer, though. He plays defensive mid, too. Great bench guy. Not a long term answer at LB.

Although wasn't it HK who once said he liked a right-footed left back and a left-footed right back?
I don’t think he had Cuco in mind when it was said.

I’m picking up what you’re putting down, however the stop, pull back switch feet we’ve been seeing from O’l Cuco is not the smoothest transitions of getting the ball into the box.

Just give me a left footed LB at this time.

..it’s 3rd round of the FA Cup day, it’s Derby day and it’s also the 5th day of the January transfer window. Here’s the rumours for this Friday morning;

- According to the Telegraph and other outlets, Chelsea are on the verge of tying up the £15m transfer of Ross Barkley from Everton.

- The Daily Mail links Everton with Manchester United LB, Luke Shaw.

- Sky Sports say Everton are one of a number of clubs interested in Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri, but talking to French TV Channel Canal +, Nice President Jean-Pierre Revierre says the player is only interested in joining a Champions League club.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton Manager, Sam Allardyce does not want Forward Sandro Ramirez to leave on loan. Allardyce prefers permanent deals although the final decision isn’t entirely down to him.

Like Pat Van Den Hauwe then.

I mean if he's made a career at club and international as a left back it's pretty fair to assume his left is as good as his right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back