Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...VdH. Amazing to play almost a full title winning season at CB after playing another at LB. I always thought it was unfortunate to give him with the ‘psycho’ tag because he had a Rolls Royce of an engine, would rarely get caught out and could use the ball very effectively.

Snodin looked class when reverted to RB but suffered the curse of the hamstring on the verge of an England call up. It was a shame because those hamstrings meant we never saw his real potential in that position.

Only my opinion of course.

Always thought Snodin's problem was his ankle mate, may be remembering wrong though ;/

Always thought Snodin's problem was his ankle mate, may be remembering wrong though ;/

..Bracewell was ankle. I think Snodin ended up with the same scars down the back of his thigh that Barkley has but your memory is better than mine. I’m hopeless at remembering detail.

Edit - yes, hamstring kept him out for the best part of 3 years:

http://www.evertonfc.com/players/i/is/ian-snodin

..Bracewell was ankle. I think Snodin ended up with the same scars down the back of his thigh that Barkley has but your memory is better than mine. I’m hopeless at remembering detail.

Nah think you're right actually mate, Parkinson was wrecked with a knee wasn't he as well.

All told that's three potentially great (Bracewell still was IMO) players we had with careers with us cut short through injury

Nah think you're right actually mate, Parkinson was wrecked with a knee wasn't he as well.

All told that's three potentially great (Bracewell still was IMO) players we had with careers with us cut short through injury
Was gutted when joe Parkinson never came back from his injuries. Was brilliant in his breakthrough season, especially the cup semi & final. So underrated I think another full season would have seen him make the England squad. And push one of batty or Ince out .

Was gutted when joe Parkinson never came back from his injuries. Was brilliant in his breakthrough season, especially the cup semi & final. So underrated I think another full season would have seen him make the England squad. And push one of batty or Ince out .

He was the nearest thing to Roy Keane in the league at one point. One of my favourite players of the Royle era.

...Van den Hauwe was a class act and extremely underrated. Played LB in the 85 title winning team but covered at CB for most of the next title winning season. He was right footed but comfortable on his left. I think it’s probably wrong comparing others to him because he was a top drawer player.

Van den Hauwe , Rats and Watson were the main two in the middle out for a long period of 85-87 with either an injury or illness. There again we coped without Southall, Reid, Mountfield, Bracewell and Sheedy. For the first few months also we sold Lineker and didn't replace him. Heath just got his place back. We still won the league by 9 points.

In all fairness, we need a replacement, for Lukaku.

We need to spend the 90mill, on a proven striker.

Dolberg is my wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back