Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw would be a great signing. WC year and he'll want to play week in week out. Loan to buy given his injury histoty would be ideal

Actually thought he was alright against us the other day. But would still have caution about it. He looks overweight to me, and some of the things i've heard about him are a worry....even if probably not true.

Actually thought he was alright against us the other day. But would still have caution about it. He looks overweight to me, and some of the things i've heard about him are a worry....even if probably not true.

you cant leave us hanging here ijj... come on, fess up ! he's got in a dry bath with all his clothes on hasn't he the little tinker!

I mean if he's made a career at club and international as a left back it's pretty fair to assume his left is as good as his right
I admitted his highlight video was nice.

I’m just saying the Cuco nightmares are quite fresh so please forgive me

Bit before my time. Not making the connection. Feel free to help me out.
I know he played in the 80’s and scored twice in the 5 years he played at Everton, google failed to tell me much more

...Van den Hauwe was a class act and extremely underrated. Played LB in the 85 title winning team but covered at CB for most of the next title winning season. He was right footed but comfortable on his left. I think it’s probably wrong comparing others to him because he was a top drawer player.

...Van den Hauwe was a class act and extremely underrated. Played LB in the 85 title winning team but covered at CB for most of the next title winning season. He was right footed but comfortable on his left. I think it’s probably wrong comparing others to him because he was a top drawer player.

van de hauwe or snodin ... ?

Bit before my time. Not making the connection. Feel free to help me out.
I know he played in the 80’s and scored twice in the 5 years he played at Everton, google failed to tell me much more
Denis Irwin 2 footed full back you may know. get one in half as good as Denis was we would be doing well

actually slimmed down but always looks bulky. Has looked sharp the games id seen him in last few weeks. Id take him on loan.

who do you think was the better player?

...VdH, no doubt about it. Amazing to play almost a full title winning season at CB after playing another at LB. I always thought it was unfortunate to give him the ‘psycho’ tag because he had a Rolls Royce of an engine, would rarely get caught out and could use the ball very effectively.

Snodin looked class when reverted to RB but suffered the curse of the hamstring on the verge of an England call up. It was a shame because those hamstrings meant we never saw his real potential in that position.

Only my opinion of course.

Last edited:
He was pounding the line directly in front of me the other night and I can confirm he was noticeably a fat bar-steward. He did alright to be fair, but he definitely doesn’t possess a typical athletes physique at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back