Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not acceptable
He's gonna be a cracking keeper, the lads only 23 And had 2yrs experience in the premiership behind a sunderland and Everton back line, if that doesn't prepare you as a keeper nothing will. He just needs a bit of a calming influence on him, maybe a mixture of a proper leader in front of him And some of whatever Martina takes (the most relaxed, monged out player I've ever seen) might just do the job. Tho do remember He's still only a kid in keeper terms!

Based on the clubs transfer ability, i wouldn't be at al surprised if we do no more business for the rest of this window. Poor walsh must be exhausted what with spending months to find a striker and the intense work he must have put in in order to sell barkley asap to chelsea.

Allardyce has already said no one is leaving on loan. Who will buy the rest?

You'd probably be able to find takers for Mirallas, Sandro, Schneiderlin, Lennon, Niasse mate.

Schneiderlin I'd only see going if a very good cm came in, or rather one bfs wanted, the rest I don't think we'd miss much and would shift them for any decent fee. Probably about 50m for the lot as a top end estimate.

If we haven't got much to spend can see us proactively flogging all those on.

Klassen is the big albatross like, paid too much to shift him cheap, too high wages for the level of club who may be interested.

You'd probably be able to find takers for Mirallas, Sandro, Schneiderlin, Lennon, Niasse mate.

Schneiderlin I'd only see going if a very good cm came in, or rather one bfs wanted, the rest I don't think we'd miss much and would shift them for any decent fee. Probably about 50m for the lot as a top end estimate.

If we haven't got much to spend can see us proactively flogging all those on.

Klassen is the big albatross like, paid too much to shift him cheap, too high wages for the level of club who may be interested.

The only one I'd keep of the 5 you name is Sandro, I don't see how we lose money on him anyways and I don't think he's been given enough time yet.

Klassen can always go back to Ajax, maybe we can get 70p on the pound for him?

The only one I'd keep of the 5 you name is Sandro, I don't see how we lose money on him anyways and I don't think he's been given enough time yet.

Klassen can always go back to Ajax, maybe we can get 70p on the pound for him?

Best use of Klassen is to loan him as a sweeter to a deal for a player we want - he'd probably suit the German league for example. arguably selling or loaning Sandro can be used in a similar manner if say the Seville interest is true.

..it’s day 6 of the January transfer window and here’s the collated rumours for this Saturday morning:

- According to The Daily Star, Everton are looking to tie up a deal for Zenit winger, Emiliano Rigoni in the next few days. The Argentinian is said to have a £35m release clause in his contract and the transfer could see the player move to Goodison in the summer.

- Foot Mercato report Everton have pulled out of the race to sign Nice midfielder, Jean-Michael Seri, and will instead concentrate on strengthening other areas of the team.

Apologies, but that’s pretty much it. Much of the paper columns are taken up with the Derby reports plus the completed Barkley and Tosun deals.

..it’s day 6 of the January transfer window and here’s the collated rumours for this Saturday morning:

- According to The Daily Star, Everton are looking to tie up a deal for Zenit winger, Emiliano Rigoni in the next few days. The Argentinian is said to have a £35m release clause in his contract and the transfer could see the player move to Goodison in the summer.

- Foot Mercato report Everton have pulled out of the race to sign Nice midfielder, Jean-Michael Seri, and will instead concentrate on strengthening other areas of the team.

Apologies, but that’s pretty much it. Much of the paper columns are taken up with the Derby reports plus the completed Barkley and Tosun deals.

The seri thing was expected, i doubt we ever had any actual interest in it tbh mate, bigger fish have already shown an interest in him as recent as last summer.

Rigoni - just don't see it - although that odd a link who knows, for that fee though we'd have had our pants pulled down badly

rather see us go for Kranevitter from Zenit - although maybe he'd flop badly too lol

I just want a LB aged <27 who can replace Baines by the end of next season. We spend the rest of this season giving some playing time to the likes of Lookman, Vlasic, Sandro and Klassen so we can work out exactly what they can do and where they fit into the longterm plans of the club.

Ultimately I don't want Big Sam as the manager and I don't want him given free rein to buy a bunch of aging players who 'can do a job' before his contract runs out at the end of next season.

He's gonna be a cracking keeper, the lads only 23 And had 2yrs experience in the premiership behind a sunderland and Everton back line, if that doesn't prepare you as a keeper nothing will. He just needs a bit of a calming influence on him, maybe a mixture of a proper leader in front of him And some of whatever Martina takes (the most relaxed, monged out player I've ever seen) might just do the job. Tho do remember He's still only a kid in keeper terms!
Agree Pickford is great, but please don't use the word mong in any context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back