Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Language barrier

How many brits full stop speak another language compared to our European cousins ?

Plus not may English players are actually good enough considering the price quoted by English clubs

right on both counts.

we are a very lazy nation regards language barriers, expecting everyone around the world to just know English!

plus our players are twice as expensive compared to their European counter parts, hence why hardly anyone goes to play outside the UK or the US

My God why do people just chat BS on this site?

So our new majority share holder has just paid £80 million to clear us of debt. Out of his own pocket in a loan which he has now converted into equity. Also we have just made a profit on our accounts and we are borrowing 13.5 million from santander why?

In fact better question, where's your proof that we've had to take out this loan? Because I've just looked and i haven't found anything.

It's a shame you two don't put as much effort into maths as you do with conspiracy theory.
That loan was taken out but I assume it's more to do with Financial Fair Play, i.e. it allows us to spend more as technically more income has come in during the tax year, possibly due to the rest of the Stones fee not arriving until the next tax year. I mean really if we were taking a loan for the transfer market cuz we are skint then why would it only be 13.5m especially with today's inflated market, we'd maybe get a youth player for that lol. Just the usual people completely pissing the bed over nothing. Yes we still sell to buy at times but so do Liverpool, and at least our net spend has improved, just under 50m after the summer. As our commercial revenue improves so will the spending, people don't seem to get that we can only spend so much anyway due to FFP and just cus Moshiri is worth 2 billion doesn't mean he's gonna lash 25% of his worth into transfers. Too many people playing fifa and thinking it works like that in real life too.

Language barrier

How many brits full stop speak another language compared to our European cousins ?

Plus not may English players are actually good enough considering the price quoted by English clubs

Bet you a lot of money that if every single song you had ever heard was in Japanese you find becoming fluent in it pretty easy.

Exhibit A. Every bloke in the UK, of a certain age, knows exactly what Voulez vous couchez avec moi, ce soir? means.

Bet you a lot of money that if every single song you had ever heard was in Japanese you find becoming fluent in it pretty easy.

Exhibit A. Every bloke in the UK, of a certain age, knows exactly what Voulez vous couchez avec moi, ce soir? means.

come again ??!!

does it mean ... 3 pints of heiniken and a j20 for the lady please sir ?

Nah, it's okay I'll take your word for it. As your op quoted it's hopefully just common business practice.

If not I'll just blame erlstone lol
Common business practice when you have no money. There's a reason why Martina was brought in on a free to cover both left and right back.

We should be completing the squad for next season this window. Good start with Tosun. Another couple required, minimal changes in summer, and will be excited for next season.

Would leak goals for fun, and we'd conced loads on set pieces mate, you have a squad of midgets out there
What makes you think that side would leak goals for fun mate?

Take what you say about set pieces, but what height have we got in the squad that you'd bring in instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back