Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could sign a player for me it would be Veratti, absolutely love him.

nintchdbpict0003602073071.jpg

Beautifully written mate. That's totally my view on it too.

You can't build a Formula 1 car and put family saloon parts in it and hope to be competitive.

That's even without having a tory bigot tax dodging ratfink driving it.

Kev :(
Difference between us and the RS is that they sell and still manage to improve. VVD, Salah, Keita and potentially Mahrez (if the rumours are true) and after the Coutinho sale they'll have the same net spend as we had after the summer yet the gulf between us is massive :Blink:. Even looking back, they sold Sterling and got Firmino, Clyne and Milner and had change left over, we sold Stones and got Williams and Bolasie at a loss. They sold Benteke and a few squad players like Skrtle and Illori and covered the cost of Mane, we sold Lukaku and got players like Klassen, Keane and Pickford and bar the latter they either haven't gelled or worked out for some reason. Just dont get it like, it's like we're cursed to be in their fkin shadow forever even money can't solve it lol

This. I’ve said on our podcast a few times that I’d like both to at least give it a season, I’d like the club to persevere too. As soon as we’re safe, both should be given a proper go in the side and opportunities to bed in.

This is the issue I have though. SA said in Friday’s presser that he has to win to stay in the job and in the summer if he wins and he stays he can plan his 3-5 season project.

That doesn’t sound to me like he’s going to be taking any chances or bedding in any players.

Difference between us and the RS is that they sell and still manage to improve. VVD, Salah, Keita and potentially Mahrez (if the rumours are true) and after the Coutinho sale they'll have the same net spend as we had after the summer yet the gulf between us is massive :Blink:. Even looking back, they sold Sterling and got Firmino, Clyne and Milner and had change left over, we sold Stones and got Williams and Bolasie at a loss. They sold Benteke and a few squad players like Skrtle and Illori and covered the cost of Mane, we sold Lukaku and got players like Klassen, Keane and Pickford and bar the latter they either haven't gelled or worked out for some reason. Just dont get it like, it's like we're cursed to be in their fkin shadow forever even money can't solve it lol
Forget the likes of keita and VVD we could never have afforded them, but it comes down to good recruitment. Robinson, Gomez, Salah and Matip are all starters for them, yet didn’t even cost a combined 50m.
It makes my blood boil to see in comparison how Koeman and Walsh frittered away the best part of 200m, on players that are frankly not up to the task. There are players out there who will improve us at affordable prices (as they have proved). That is supposedly why Walsh is here, but you couldn’t tell based on what he has brought to the club.

Beautifully written mate. That's totally my view on it too.

You can't build a Formula 1 car and put family saloon parts in it and hope to be competitive.

That's even without having a tory bigot tax dodging ratfink driving it.

Kev :(

True but on which ones did we have a choice to keep? Maybe Barkley and Delboy, but Ross seemed like he wanted to go last season.Stones was kicking off for a season about going. Rom most of his time here. I think it's as much about the state of football with its myopic focus on the top six and our standing below that as is it is our total incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back