January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still defending Allardyce? It won’t be long before your singing from the same sheet mate! I guarantee it.

I don't see what there is to defend?

He went unbeaten in 6 (or 7, depending if you include West Ham), then we've been crap the last few weeks. Played better on Friday and were unlucky.

I don't see him as having done anything wrong and in the main he's fixed our leaky defence.

He's been too negative at times and as soon as we guarantee safety I'd like to see that change but it's also clear the squad is still massively unbalanced - something he's clearly working to address.

Don't want him here long term but what's the point in moaning about him being here now? It boils down to us being that crap that he was needed, anyway.

Another 'stop gap' ? Really?

Well obviously I'd prefer we get a quality player in. But I've little to no faith of Walsh doing that.

When your only fit left back in the entire squad is Cuco Martina then saying we go with what we got because our first target wasn't available is a huge cop out and unacceptable. You move on and ensure you get someone, even a loan deal, if you believe the best player can't be signed till the summer. Signing no one is not acceptable.

You see that’s what annoys me, that he wanted him at palace!! That tells me the quality of striker he is, average very average.
Allarydce will leave us in a right mess when he gets sacked!
He gets sacked if we fail,is that what you want? If we get a good run together and finish 7th or miracle of miracles higher he'll be taking the next preseason.How people seen to divorce the teams fortunes from that of the manager...

Is three times more than a few times?

Come on ToffFrandel, you've been a bit fast and loose again here.

Okay, four times then. I'll give you that.

He had a shocker in that first game vs Leeds. Defensively he was all over the place.

The other three games (including y'day) I was impressed by his pace/strength going forward. Not as in, whenever I've seen Tierney (which evidently is just the Old Firms and one or two CL games) and he's really stood out as a good player, but seemed solid enough.

And in the last two games I mentioned he probably stood out more because it was a strong runner bombing up and down, whereas we've had to watch Martina there for a month.

Obviously, we need miles better, and he'd be nowhere near the list of long-term solutions.

But if we were looking for a stop-gap somebody in that mould (like PVA) - well it wouldn't surprise me if Allardyce went for that.

Ultimately though it just shows up how poor our end to the summer was not getting one in, and now the best we can probably hope for is a stop-gap, as nobody is going to sell their first-choice full-back halfway through the season barring silly money.

I don't see what there is to defend?

He went unbeaten in 6 (or 7, depending if you include West Ham), then we've been crap the last few weeks. Played better on Friday and were unlucky.

I don't see him as having done anything wrong and in the main he's fixed our leaky defence.

He's been too negative at times and as soon as we guarantee safety I'd like to see that change but it's also clear the squad is still massively unbalanced - something he's clearly working to address.

Don't want him here long term but what's the point in moaning about him being here now? It boils down to us being that crap that he was needed, anyway.
We played better Friday but we weren’t unlucky! We deserved to get beat, We yet again had one shot on target, so I think in total over the last 4 games we have had 3-4 shots on target! That is disgraceful.

You see that’s what annoys me, that he wanted him at palace!! That tells me the quality of striker he is, average very average.
Allarydce will leave us in a right mess when he gets sacked!
There’s probably a lot of players who he wanted at palace who weren’t obtainable to him at that club. I’m sure he would love to have neymar in his side, but he’d not have a chance of landing him.
Doesn’t mean Tosun isn’t up to scratch.

I w
Reckon Traore from Forest would be like that as well. Have seen him more than a few times this season, not just last night.

Quick, powerful, has the legs to get up and down.

Defensively he's pretty tosh, though, so like PVA not really where I want us to be looking.

It's difficult.

Tierney is the one for me, but there's no way Celtic are selling in January. Same goes for Chilwell at Leicester.

The most realistic in terms of 'young' British left-backs would be Bryan from Bristol City.

If not it may be the case of a stop-gap or, if Walsh has got anything about him, finding someone from abroad who can fill the role long term.

I've mentioned before that Marvin Plattenhardt would be one of the top targets on my list.

I watched the Leeds v Forest game a few days ago and the commentator was saying Traore isn't too popular with the Forest fans and during their slump he was getting questioned a lot due to his attitude/application/effort.

He gets sacked if we fail,is that what you want? If we get a good run together and finish 7th or miracle of miracles higher he'll be taking the next preseason.How people seen to divorce the teams fortunes from that of the manager...
I want us to win every single game no matter who is manager, but I know this guy will fail because that’s what he does
And I don’t want to sit there and watch it happen with us. So the sooner he leaves our club the better.

Anyway going completely off topic here

We played better Friday but we weren’t unlucky! We deserved to get beat, We yet again had one shot on target, so I think in total over the last 4 games we have had 3-4 shots on target! That is disgraceful.
It was grim when we did the exact same thing earlier in the season playing 10 odd games with about 4 shots on target. Losing them all by 3+ or so goals in the process!

Not a single person was whinging this much when Koemans team was also playing shocking. It was all 'oo need time to gel', 'oo no preseason', 'oo excuses'

Grown men with an agenda against allardyce.

Give the bloke a chance. He's picked up a group of low on confidence unbalanced and in some circumstances ego centric players.

Back him and give him a chance.
Haha

It’s not an agenda it’s an opinion! An opinion that can be backed by 20 years off managerial evidence and a style off football that should only be seen by lads pissed up on a Sunday morning. Don’t be fooled thinking different players will change anything, he will always play hoof ball. So on that note I’m out!

@matty1878 I honestly think you should self ban yourself.You have not a good word to say about anything.You are a good kid,but if you aren't happy about anything, have a month off.If visiting Goodison is a hardship ... this is your last port of call.I personally do not understand you....... you seem to hang on everything that somebody says.......waiting to pounce with 'I told you so' Like I said Matty you are a good kid.....just wearing a bit thin at the moment.

I admire your honesty but maybe stick me on egnore for a bit? I’m going to on being unhappy until the fat one has gone it’s simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back