Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be honest right now, I would move Schneiderlin on if we got an offer we would accept... I can see Lennon going to the likes of a Burnley, and Niasse is obvious.

I would keep Klaassen and maybe send him on load, I think (maybe its the old romantic in me) given time he will still be a good option at the club, its clear he hasn't settled and got uptown speed like we hoped - but thats happened to plenty of good players in the past.

Need to trim the squad and bring in better players to replace... not just numbers, Quality, not Quantity.
Need to lose all of the players you mentioned... Schneiderlin, Lennon, Klaassen, Niasse. Also at least one of Williams/Jagielka, plus Sandro, Besic and one of Robles/Stekelenberg. That's about 11/12 trimmed from the squad if you include Barkley and Mirallas.

I am confused about these schneiderlin shouts, he hasnt been playing well...but allardyce keeps picking him, i cant see him selling him
What other option does he Have? Davies is not quite ready yet an that's all we have for CM. If we can sign someone decent I would move him on his passing is woeful

Need to lose all of the players you mentioned... Schneiderlin, Lennon, Klaassen, Niasse. Also at least one of Williams/Jagielka, plus Sandro, Besic and one of Robles/Stekelenberg. That's about 11/12 trimmed from the squad if you include Barkley and Mirallas.

I think we are in a long term rebuild at the moment mate, based on the back of poor recruitment and no direction of what type of squad we are.

We are probably going to go over a couple of windows of replacing players.

If only we had a director of football who could see the gaps in the squad and go out and recruit players to fit them... oh.

Im all over this and the answer is no.

No links
No rumours.
Nothing.

Cuco Martina will be our left back again at the wide open spaces of Wembley this weekend.

Can imagine Pottechino playing Son, Erickson and Trippier all on the right this weekend. Which will pull us completely out of shape as our midfield all go left to cover Cuco.

Then when we clear the ball there are no midfielders to collect it, because they are all in our left back position, so we hoof it to our CF , who looses the header and they start all over again.

It'll be like the alamo back there this weekend.

And all for the want of a left footed ,half decent left back.

But then again i'm not a premier league manager, scout or DOF, so what do i know?

Wide open spaces? Not much difference between most pitches in the Prem and Wembley is certainly not the biggest pitch.

My point is the top clubs dont often sign players like Tierney, Wanayama, VVD they wait to see if they establish themselves at clubs like us, Saints in the premier league then get them.

Dont be foolish to think the likes of Arsenal, City etc. Are bothered about signing him for £40 million from us if he's proven quality in the league than take a £20 million chance on him from scotland and if he flops and the side dont finish top 3/4 the manager gets the bullet.

I repeat, they won't sell him for 20 mil mate.

They have a diamond and they know it.

For a knock down fee though mate would add what we sorely lack, a player who can beat people and is direct, he's fast - but never a player who struck me as reliant on pure pace over his technical ability.

anything in the 10-15m range would be worth the gamble IMO

..agree. There’s no doubt he’s a player, I was just pointing out his age. As you say, much would depend on the deal. I saw £18m quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back