Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on with George Hirst who we were keen on a while back? Hasn't been playing due to a 'contract dispute' with Sheff Wed. Wonder if we're still keen?

What other option does he Have? Davies is not quite ready yet an that's all we have for CM. If we can sign someone decent I would move him on his passing is woeful
A lot of our younger players are being over played at the moment, probably through necessity. DCL looks like he'll get a break now and hopefully Coleman will be back soon to take the pressure off Kenny. Davies getting too much time also. But there are other youngsters like Bene, Lookman and Vlasic that aren't being used enough. I get that we can't have a team jam packed with kids but lets see Bene rotated for davies now and again. He's certainly looked capable when played and I reckon he could do that DM role ahead of Schneids who just isn't bothered. Can't see the harm in Bene alongside 2 of McCarthy, Gana or Rooney.

What's going on with George Hirst who we were keen on a while back? Hasn't been playing due to a 'contract dispute' with Sheff Wed. Wonder if we're still keen?
Good shout. DCL is a good young striker, but who's next? Hirst is only 18. EFC gotta make a call on Henen sooner rather than later. He'll be 22 in April. Bassala Sambou is already 20, only 6 months younger than DCL, but seems to me Hirst is a different player and certainly a bigger prospect.

Silva was supposed to be kind of the next big thing when Milan pulled the trigger on him this summer.

At least they are willing to take a risk on someone in hopes of being elite.

That being said, I think we should take the same attitude on LB at this point. I like Tierney. He's class, he's young, he's got everything that you'd want in a LB from what I can tell. Send them 30M, offer to triple his wages, and see what Celtic says.

When he was injured he went with his mates to watch them Dave, he loves the club, he can move to the PL in 2 or 3 years and join a proper club that challenges for trophies, thats the reason why not.
He's a decent player and no more at this stage. As if he'd get offered a crack at the PL and turn it down to stay in that joke league.

He's a decent player and no more at this stage. As if he'd get offered a crack at the PL and turn it down to stay in that joke league.
Yeah, I agree. I personally wouldn't pay 30M for the kid let alone 20M, but if you think he can be an elite player at his position - which is what we should be looking at as it's a rare opportunity for a younger player to come in immediately and play, you go get him.

I'm not sure his top end speed is all that good. I like that he can pass and make plays at pace, but he's not going to be blowing by guys in the PL. That being said, I also like that he can defend a bit, he's strong for a wingback type, and he has CL experience at his age.

The league is bad, though. Just bad. I didn't realize it was that bad at this point until watching Emerson Hyndman at Rangers last year just completely dominate.

Yeah, I agree. I personally wouldn't pay 30M for the kid let alone 20M, but if you think he can be an elite player at his position - which is what we should be looking at as it's a rare opportunity for a younger player to come in immediately and play, you go get him.

I'm not sure his top end speed is all that good. I like that he can pass and make plays at pace, but he's not going to be blowing by guys in the PL. That being said, I also like that he can defend a bit, he's strong for a wingback type, and he has CL experience at his age.

The league is bad, though. Just bad. I didn't realize it was that bad at this point until watching Emerson Hyndman at Rangers last year just completely dominate.
No way should £30M be paid for him. £20M top whack for a player from there. Celtic aren't getting over £20M for him. Robertson is more accomplished and went for much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back