Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Kenedy a winger that they tried out at LWB?. Also hasn't there been a lot of controversy with him? Do we want that type of baggage.
I've not heard of any. The only question mark over him would be his motivation. I never quite trust a promising talent that is happy to be a bit part player whilst raking in a handsome salary. If he is he hungry enough to show his talent then he maybe worth a gamble but that's all it will be and I don't think the time is right to take gambles. I honestly believe were a few right signings away from a decent balanced side and that doesn't have to be big names.

I've not heard of any. The only question mark over him would be his motivation. I never quite trust a promising talent that is happy to be a bit part player whilst raking in a handsome salary. If he is he hungry enough to show his talent then he maybe worth a gamble but that's all it will be and I don't think the time is right to take gambles. I honestly believe were a few right signings away from a decent balanced side and that doesn't have to be big names.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was this lad who said something during a pre-season tour. The club had to send him home and go out of their way to apologise. Also thought there were some previous disciplinary issues too but may be wrong in that.

Player wise I don't think he's the answer at FB as he's a speedy tricky winger type. Left footed though which helps.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was this lad who said something during a pre-season tour. The club had to send him home and go out of their way to apologise. Also thought there were some previous disciplinary issues too but may be wrong in that.

Player wise I don't think he's the answer at FB as he's a speedy tricky winger type. Left footed though which helps.
Yes I remember now he tweeted a picture of a Chinese Guard asleep or something like that. Yea no thanks we can do better than someone like that

Yes I remember now he tweeted a picture of a Chinese Guard asleep or something like that. Yea no thanks we can do better than someone like that
Yeah. He gets a telling off and a weeks fine. The guard gets a bullet to the head and his wife the bill.:)

Joking like. but falling asleep on guard duty is serious business.

I dont know mate. Cup games I've seen him in. He's a real handful. Test them with a £15M bid.

I admit ignorance on him, although I know the name. I am skeptical at any wing back that can only go forward, even if they have crazy pace. I like those a bit more balanced guys I guess, especially since we don't have a LCB that can defend in space. Any idea if he can defend?

If Baba Rahman is almost back from his knee injury, he's less than 2 years old than Kenedy. Alonso is playing first team either way, so that's a LOT of depth there. I know they were after Sandro, too. Has Azpilicueta played out there? I know I've seen him on the left, but I just assumed it was part of the back 3, not at wingback.

Just because we pished money up the wall like a drunken sailor doesn't mean everyone else will. They gave Man City a game in the cup and seem to have a good manager and links to very good players.

Think they'll be comfortably top half next season but will probably struggle to challenge the top 6 like. Think we have a real fight on our hands for 7th though.
Dont live in a bubble. There are so many teams in our situation who have done exactly what we have, its why none of them, like West Ham, can compete with the top 6. Its much harder than playing a video game, shockingly enough.

What's going on with George Hirst who we were keen on a while back? Hasn't been playing due to a 'contract dispute' with Sheff Wed. Wonder if we're still keen?
Good question. I wasn't aware that he wasn't even getting played in their academy teams. Out of contract at end of the season when Wednesday will only receive a compensation fee. Wonder if it's worth putting in a bid this window offering a few add ons and a sell on clause. It'll be better for them and for the lad who would be a straight starter for our U23s.

Then we need to move on.

I'd test S'ton for Bertrand and Chelsea for Kenedy.

Kenedy is more of a winger, and a bit crap

Bertrand would be great but they'd want £40m. Proven, England int'l and they've already sold their best player this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back