Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Rose? Antonio Valencia?

Danny Rose was always a full-back. Like how Coleman was always going to be a full-back but played further up to improve his overall play first, without risking the defence as much.

Valencia, I'll give you. That being said, it's only when his pace went a bit that he moved back to full-back, and only at the age of 28/29 did he really thrive there.

Young, granted like. He's been alright.

Shame Valencia plays on the right though hey.

They're also both vastly experienced players who have had to adapt their game as they've got older.

If Dave is talking about Kennedy, a pretty average player who can't get anywhere near Chelsea as either a winger or a full-back, and couldn't get in the Watford side either, then I'm not convinced he's what we need.

Victor Moses has done it sensationally on the right.

If we change to a three at the back then potentially.

But how much actual defending does Moses have to do? He's never played in a back four.

I'm not disagreeing. There's obviously examples and it was a bit of a stupid post from me above, but the examples that are there are pretty much down to a system that works for the entire team (like Chelsea), or older players changing their game to get in the side.

I actually want Martina to get ripped a new one at the weekend. I want Spurs to target him from the off, and Martina to once again have a horror show and make it even more clear that an actual left back is needed in the side. I don't wish for injuries on our own players, so it seems that would be the only way a move for a left back would be sped up.
some whopper you are.

If we change to a three at the back then potentially.

But how much actual defending does Moses have to do? He's never played in a back four.

I'm not disagreeing. There's obviously examples and it was a bit of a stupid post from me above, but the examples that are there are pretty much down to a system that works for the entire team (like Chelsea), or older players changing their game to get in the side.

You just said name one. So I did.

Danny Rose was always a full-back. Like how Coleman was always going to be a full-back but played further up to improve his overall play first, without risking the defence as much.

Valencia, I'll give you. That being said, it's only when his pace went a bit that he moved back to full-back, and only at the age of 28/29 did he really thrive there.
You'd best let him know mate, seems he's got no idea...

http://www.90min.com/posts/4512689-...l-left-back-is-still-getting-used-to-position

They're also both vastly experienced players who have had to adapt their game as they've got older.

If Dave is talking about Kennedy, a pretty average player who can't get anywhere near Chelsea as either a winger or a full-back, and couldn't get in the Watford side either, then I'm not convinced he's what we need.

Ang on, this has all stemmed from D saying we should sign Kenedy from Chelsea?

Back to bed.

So yeah Walsh anychance of a left back or are we going to go the season completely unbalanced?

Yeah unbalanced it is with this clown in charge.

Just say we want Tierney.

Tierney is open to a move to us, but won't leave Celtic this window and Celtic won't sell.

We see Tierney as the left-back for the next decade... or as a player we can make a huge profit on if needs be.

Is it worth then going out and spending £15m on a stop-gap this month, and jeopardising that move, or - should Garbutt impress in training - 'go with what we've got' for four months.

I'm not saying it's the right approach. I'm not saying that is what is happening. But, it could be a possibility.

My personal opinion is that we'll get a left-back in the next two weeks. But we'll see some more players cleared out, first.
I def get what you're saying. Now though we should at the very least be testing the waters, and if we made a bid for Tearney it'd be in the media and people would know about it. It just seems like no effort is being made at all, which is extremely concerning!

Young, granted like. He's been alright.

Shame Valencia plays on the right though hey.
The point still remains, regardless of what side of the pitch. Wide midfield players have successfully been changed into left backs.

Hell, even Bale was turned from a left back into a striker and the most expensive player in the world playing for Real Madrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back