Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much longer is a club who has ambitions of greatness again, going to continue with a second rate right back playing first choice left back?

Until we sign one who a): is good enough, and b): who wants to come and play for us.
Why lose the plot over it? The club knows what's needed. Y'all think this is like Football Manager where you just throw a few million around and get the team of your dreams. Transfers, in general, take time in the real world.

Point taken and i would agree largely but the post i quoted had a narrative of "reminding posters" of the "imperativeness" and "disaster", i think when you reminding posters of that its ok for other posters to have a sense of perspective on some of the terms used and their opinion on the context of disaster and haste.

Ha ha if nothing else the worst thing we could do is rush and react into a covering full back of the calibre of Martina.

I was reminding supporters of our club. not posters.

Never mentioned the word disaster.

If i wanted to talk about the situation in Syria i would go on the syria website.

I was simply saying we need to address the left back situation at our football club as soon as possible.

I suggest you go back and read my post again before you slag me off.

@Eggs yer mate my Stepdad is french and thats his team, developed a soft spot for them they have a couple of decent players Soumaoro is certainly a standout but i lile that portugese kid they have as well miguel ‘le or something he is called.... great little wingback who is also a CB
You mean Anwar el Ghazi ?
Edgar Le ?....he's a defender.

Until we sign one who a): is good enough, and b): who wants to come and play for us.
Why lose the plot over it? The club knows what's needed. Y'all think this is like Football Manager where you just throw a few million around and get the team of your dreams. Transfers, in general, take time in the real world.

I dont do FM or FIFA.

I do know that the possibility of the situation we are in has been known to club since August 31st last year and as far as i can see we are doing nothing to solve the issue.

In the meantime we will just continue to bumble our way through games asking players to double up and help our temporary left back out.

If people are happy with situation, fine.

Iam not and iam using this forum to vent my spleen.

If the club has said it, they should back it up with a new deal so that he isn't making 25K a week when someone will pay him 75K.
Why pay him 75 k a week when he’s quite happy on 25 k a week ??
He hasn’t as far as I know looked for a rise , has only recently signed a long term deal and is happy where he is.
He knows that if he decides to move in the future he will treble his wages and by signing a long term deal has ensured Celtic will get a good fee for him unlike other players I could mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back