Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not performing as good as he was at the beginning of the season but Watford are WANK.

He's far exceeded any expectations I had for a Brazilian in his first season here (so did Jesus to be fair, maybe we should sign more Brazilian's).

This is a transfer policy I can fully get on board with.

You know what I just realised?

Even though us signing a load of Brazilians would be silly, it’s still a considerably better policy than our current Director of Football actually seems to use.

Idiot.

Exactly and if they go up this season they are guaranteed bucket loads of it even if they go straight back down
So why would they sell a player that’ll possibly help them get promotion

This about the Bristol City lad? If so, some context. He has been there since an 8 year old. He is an extremely clever bloke. (Privately educated at probably the best school in Bristol). Academically, he could do pretty much what he wanted. Football was a happy accident.

And the bond he and his family have with the Bristol Manager goes way beyond the normal football stuff. Lee Johnsons Dad, Gary Johnson, (who took them to a play off final), had his life saved by the players Dad, who performed an emergency triple heart bypass on him a year or 2 back. he is, obvs, a heart surgeon.

Do you reckon he will leave eventually if Bristol City don’t get promoted , and is he good enough for a PL team supposedly challenging for a top 4/6 spot

Not gonna lie mate, I have only taken an interest in City, (Bristol) more closely this season/cup run, after years of going to watch them as a kid. Gary Johnson told me they would give United a game, they did. And some. And speaking to mates who follow them properly, (one ex press bloke, one founder of their Supporters Trust, one ex player) all reckon the lad has the talent, but more importantly, the stones to step up.

Personally, I would have him plus the left back who has played behind him in the cup games, Magnusson. As a unit they buzz on song. Plus, Magnusson has an ace Icelandic long throw. Causes carnage. @Eggs

This about the Bristol City lad? If so, some context. He has been there since an 8 year old. He is an extremely clever bloke. (Privately educated at probably the best school in Bristol). Academically, he could do pretty much what he wanted. Football was a happy accident.

And the bond he and his family have with the Bristol Manager goes way beyond the normal football stuff. Lee Johnsons Dad, Gary Johnson, (who took them to a play off final), had his life saved by the players Dad, who performed an emergency triple heart bypass on him a year or 2 back. he is, obvs, a heart surgeon.
Good story (be even better if the father was, say, a block layer)

Steve Walsh is the footballing equivalent of Bob “I don’t like mondays” Geldof.

He’ll be dining out on that Leicester title win for the next 30 years. Going from job to job, massive pay off to massive pay off.

Is anyone thinking maybe he just got lucky on 2/3 transfers all at the same time, and that maybe the title win was mostly to do with the players and manager?

He needs to get it right in this window or go in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back