Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Walsh is the footballing equivalent of Bob “I don’t like mondays” Geldof.

He’ll be dining out on that Leicester title win for the next 30 years. Going from job to job, massive pay off to massive pay off.

Is anyone thinking maybe he just got lucky on 2/3 transfers all at the same time, and that maybe the title win was mostly to do with the players and manager?

He needs to get it right in this window or go in the summer.

He has had one window and by all accounts was working with a manager who didn't want to know.

I will wait until seeing how the likes of Vlasic and Onyekuru pan out before judging him fully.

He has had one window and by all accounts was working with a manager who didn't want to know.

I will wait until seeing how the likes of Vlasic and Onyekuru pan out before judging him fully.
Exactly I don’t think Klassen Pickford Keane Etc were his signings.
So far I’d reckon he has only signed the young players with Koeman signing the first team players.

Exactly I don’t think Klassen Pickford Keane Etc were his signings.
So far I’d reckon he has only signed the young players with Koeman signing the first team players.

I can assure Keane was, pretty sure Pickford was and although Klaassen would strike everyone as a Koeman one, I can’t remember if he was or not.

All I remember was being hugely shocked when I was told that most of our summer moves were Walsh ones.

Rooney wasn’t.

I realise this would be a more powerful post if I could remember the lists on either side. But it was ages ago and other things have happened in my life and that knowledge appears to have left my head.

For this I’m truly sorry.

Last edited:
I worry badly that if Galloway isn’t good enough for Sunderland then he ain’t good enough for Everton.

But y’know.....Cuco innit.

..i’d prefer somebody who’ll suffice for now rather than a panic buy. Let’s not forget Baines will be back so it might not be Martina for the rest of the season. If true, it says a lot about what they might think of Garbutt.

..i’d prefer somebody who’ll suffice for now rather than a panic buy. Let’s not forget Baines will be back so it might not be Nartina for the rest of the season. If true, it says a lot about what they might think of Garbutt.

My worry is that putting Garbo or Gallo in would be just as bad or worse than a panic buy as they’re struggling to make the grade at any level they ever play at.

But then they all mean Cuco plays.

So with all that in mind from available options I’d pick Garbutt as he has the best hair.

My worry is that putting Garbo or Gallo in would be just as bad or worse than a panic buy as they’re struggling to make the grade at any level they ever play at.

So with all that in mind from available options I’d pick Garbutt as he has the best hair.

...regardless of hair, I imagine Galloway or Garbutt will be behind Martina. This season is about staying safe. I imagine they think a better purchase can be made in the summer.

To be perfectly honest and this is something I’d never have imagined me saying
If we don’t get a our first choice LB I’d rather play Martina /Baines till the end of the season.
We shouldn’t panic buy.
I can’t see us getting relegated and don’t see us getting 7 th so we should only be buying players who will stay in the first 11 for the next 2/3 seasons.
If Rose goes to Manure and Spurs don’t take Shaw I’d go for him either now or in the summer.
Ideally Tierney but as I’ve said that ain’t happening

Walsh seems much happier (and better) looking for value (like Lookman) than big name signings. All his most successful signing were below the radar types.

I agree I think. Which makes him being for us all the more odd.

We actually have a bit of wedge these days so surely a Director Of Footie used to this would have been a better choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back